1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One day off from...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I totally agree with you, Sunkan, what more to say!

sriniketan

2. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sri,
    It's again another good post......
    When I was with my parents, I always had plans to take a day off from all my work when parents were out......but by the end of the day, I used to miss Mom a lot and used to call her often to know what she is doing then.
    Again the same thing, became so happy when my brother went to Hostel because I will get the custody of a full room with my stuffs only and everywhere.....after he went, stopped entering that room for days and feel bad whenevr saw his things kept carefully in the racks......I got not one day off from my duty of keeping things arranged but got off from my duties forever........
    Now, I got married and came here......me and hubby were always together till now (I used to accompany him always wherever he goes), so always thought that I when hubby will go out for one/two days, I will be doing my stuffs.......so now he will be out for a whole week leaving me alone (I have no leave left as I am going to use them in the India tour this month)....so I will have days off from my duties of cooking..yelling at him to keep his things at place.......this.that.........but now I don't want that days off, rather I wish to continue like this.........
    Probably.........I am out of context now.....so stopping here......
    Regards.

3. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sri,
    I do feel like this now that i have no time at all for myself, running behind my baby and he behind me all the time, but the moment i go out even for an hour i miss him terribly.I guess its all part of live. It in a way teaches us to value what we have.

4. Sriniketan

I totally agree with you, Priya.
    These things teaches us to value those around us!

sriniketan

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  5. Sriniketan

Hi Meeta,
    thanks for your FB.
    In our early stages of life, do we care about duty?
    Enjoy your duty now so that you can enjoy days off later in your Indian trip!

Sriniketan

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Srini,

We cannot ever take one day off from our life. Sorry for my delayed reply. I saw this thread only now. :-(

All these days I was also hoping, that once my kids flew out of the nest I'll get times or days off altogether, but till now I have not had a day off, I find.

Even when we go on holidays we can never forget our home and our duties. What happens for me is to worry about our pet dog. Did the caretaker allow her out, feed her properly etc. So, it is as you say. Only when we take leave from this world altogether, we'll get rest. Even that I hope to... I don't know for sure...

Love
    Latha :wave

7. Sriniketan

Latha,
    Thanks for your FB!
    It is true that we cannot even take a minute for ourselves let alone a day!
    Your last line reminds me of a story which goes likes this---

Dutiful father--always thinks about his sons' welfare even after their marriage and everything and cannot get help for his salvation, eventhough a saint was ready to give him that. He prolonged the days of his salvation and one day his 'last day' came. At that time the sadhu was not there. So when he came to know about that he felt sorry for the soul.
    But he was happy because 'that poor soul' was there in front of the son's shop in the form of a dog. When Sadhu asked him why he was like that --the dog answered that his sons will not look over the shop properly and so he took this form to protect the shop. Duties continues to the next birth!
    i hope i had conversed it correctly!

sriniketan

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Srinik,

You can take one day off from the office... But from house... From the family... From the loved ones... I dont know... I am wondering... I used to tell Shan, today u take rest, we all will clean the house and we will do the cooking etc... My with my 2 great assisstants (son/daughter)... will start the cleaning work... Shan, will cooly be sitting in the computer/net... sipping a cup of coffee.... While cleaning, we will discover lot of items which we thought are lost and keep wondering how many pencil/scale etc, my kids have... By the time we finished cleaning/mopping etc(1.30 hrs)... I will be sweating so badly and taking deep breath... She will just finish her surfing and make second cup of coffee with some snacks... Gone with the wind all the cooking and rest... As usual I will tell her, will go out for lunch... She in her ususal style will tell us to fisnish our bath and come... By the time, I relax, watch few minutes TV and have bath and ensure the kids have thier bath and all assemble, she would have finished her cooking.... So, we all sit near the TV with some movie and have a cosy lunch and roll around... Shan as usual go back to her net....

So, where are we.... In my opinion, if you love your family you dont take a day off... even if you want to or somebody helps u out.... It is not because you dont want to... It is because of the 4 letter bad word LOVE....

All the best for your Day off... When you succeed let me know the secret....

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sriniketan,

One day off from....i dont know...veda has already answered...it never happens...even when you are on a vacation..you are not having a day off..It is not because we don't want to..it is something we don't think...but if you mean lazing with your family...that happens...

I have never thought about it much...because never experienced it.....

10. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

That was a great write up Sriniketan,

The fridays normally push off in an illusion of welcoming the weekends the next important days when we actually plan to take a off. but do we ladies really live up to that ..??

i would say no coz we become the most needed for our family members specially on this weekends or holidays as they lay by u can find ourselves busy right in the kitchen....preparing some rich spread , cleaning up the mess the week long's wardrobe etc., ........Diwalis , Birthday's and all the other festivels are for the other members to enjoy while we still get engaged with the usual chores......

But being busy for our loved ones too is a happy moment .isn't it ? what say?