1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Once upon a time

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sudhakrishna, Nov 7, 2012.

1. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Thinking about past is always a memorable one. Especially child hood days... though we were not able to recall the names or the face the impact they gave in our life always remains green. Just rewinding the past........
    My father is a government servant, and often got transfers and some times for even within 3 months he got transfer from one place to another. I am the last after 2 sisters and 4 brothers.
    My schooling started in coimbatore. The name of the school or the teachers name i am not able to recollect. The things i remember is the curved gate to the school. and different colour chair and table for us. I always choose the yellow one. In that days the aayas used to come to our house to pick up us because many kids cry to go to school. But i always wanted to go school and get ready very early. With in few months my father got transfer to Dharmapuri.
    My siblings studied in tamil medium. But they wanted me to put in english medium. So i studied in different school and they went to different one. Here i have so many firsts in my life. I got opportunity to dance on stage. First one was to the rhymes "Jack and Jill". I wore a long blue colour frock for the first time in life. I was so happy that i felt like an angel. At house i was allowed to wear only pavadai and shirt. For the evening program we got ready in the afternoon itself. With lips stick on lips we didnot close our mouth because we thought if we close our lips, lips stick will go. We talked differently and see to that lips doesn't stick to gether. My mom bought boost in the flask. I drank so carefully that it doesn't spoil my lipstick. The chief guest was my father and after my program i ran and sat on his lap and enjoyed the rest of the program.
    Next year i took part in kavadi dance. I tortured my mom like anything. She roamed entire bazaar to get yellow cloth to match with the one given as sample. It is neither light nor dark. It is not pure yellow or saffron. some what different colour. she managed some what to get it and that year was a grand one.
    My father is transferred to chennai. I I studied in a near by school and i was the pet of the principal. I participated in all dances and skits as i was the tallest among the classmates. My father retired and no more transfers. I finished my college and got married in chennai.
    I studied in different school. If some one says i studied from L.K.G. to +2 i look at them annoyed. I want my kids to study in the same school from Pre.K.G to +2. It doesn't happended with my son. Let us it happens with my daughter.....

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sudha,

Lovely recollection dear!!

Akila

3. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Thanks akila for the first and crisp comment happy diwali to you