on reading saicharitham

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by lmani, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Friends
    A nice thread. I share here my SAI SATCHARITHA
    It has to be completed in 7 days which is called saptah which menas 7 days and can keep any sweet you like to offer.
    I even read every thrusday a few chapters. Any day I feel low and I just remove the book and read a few pages this will cheer me back.
    During Dasera I read the whole book and on the last day that is navami day(9th day) I make prasad of bakari(jowar roti) and junka( besan sabji). This is what is the favourite food of Sai Baba with raw onion and chillies. Other then this I make sweet too anything will do.
    If you wish you can invite some of your close friend for food. This will be great.
    Under his protection I get lot of happiness. I am doing this from many years.
    OM SAI NATAYA NAMAHA
    He is always with us when we pray to him with pure heart and always available when a person is in need of Him.
    God Bless you all.
    When we read the book you will know what he wants in return.
    He doesn't want anything but His name to be uttered everytime OM SAI

1 person likes this.
  2. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I would like to know if anyone does it in Tamil. The one that i have is also sai satcharita. It has a red cover and its quite big. I will not be able to do it in 7days, is it available in chennai in eng? If yes, where.

Thanks
    PoorniDaya.

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Do you have it in Tamil or English? You can try for the English version at the SaiBaba temple in Mylapore. I bought my very first English copy in the temple store in the year 2000.
    And you are right, the Tamil version has more than 400 pages. You can divide reading into 2 Saptahs if you are reading in Tamil.

Jithiks

4. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Krithika,

Thanks for the reply. Mine is in Tamil. How do i divide it? As you suggested, I will try to get a copy in english.

Thanks
    Poornima.

5. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Poornima,

Since the tamil version of SAI SATCHARITA has more than 400 pages, it can be equally divided into2 halves. You can start on a Thursday and finish it in 14 days- meaning 2 Saptahahs. One Saptah is 7 days.

Since the book is long, you can finish it in 14 days. If you feel that is also not possible, then you can divide into 3 Saptahs. So make sure you divide it into 2,3 or 4 Saptahs.

When you finish reading the SATCHARITA, you can do Neivedhyam and offer it to SAI.

SAI will surely bless us when we pray with a simple and pure heart. There are no hard and fast rules.

Regards,
    Jithiks(Krithika)

6. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Jithkis,

Thanks for your reply...just going thru the thread itself makes me feel calm and peaceful. Reading BABA's saritha will sure make things good, i bet.

Thanks
    Poornima.

7. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

Thanks for starting this thread. Jithiks has detailed very well about reading of sai satcharita. First and foremost you have to believe in baba and then start reading the book. Initially take your own time to read satcharita. Understand about baba and his miracles. Later when u start reading for the second time and so on start on a thursday and try to complete on the next thursday. Please do not fast on thursdays as baba doesnt prefer it.

Happy reading.

8. vassethu1978

vassethu1978 New IL'ite

9. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I read Sai Satcharita and really miracle happened.
    Baba always helps me a lot in my life.
    Thanks a lot Baba.
    Wanted to share this link of satcharita with all of you
    Sai Satcharitra - Shirdi Sai Baba Web Site

Have a nice day!
    Bye
    Archana

10. sudhak90

sudhak90 Senior IL'ite

hi , the pic, of shri saibaba, where he opened one eye to bless.

it's so mesmerising.

sudha iyer

Attached Files: