On a scale of 1 to 5, how well do you know your neighbors?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Oct 28, 2007.

On a scale of 1 to 5, how well do you know your neighbors?.

1. 5 - very well

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. 4

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. 1 - not well at all

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Poll for 28th Oct. 2007 to 3rd Nov. 2007

Are we living as in an island in our Society?
    Do we consider our neighbors a nuisance or extend a helping hand for them when they are in need for one.
    Do we keep our doors open for our neighbors or keep them closed giving priority to our private space.
    Be it in independent house or in apartment, how much of an effort do we take to know our neighbors.
    Answers to all of the above and more will be obvious once we have taken up this week's poll topic and voted.

Well from my end, I knew my neighbors very well, all of us are in the same age group of young mothers. My kids and most of my neighbor's kids do go to the same school. We share so much about our kids among us. They come forward to help me out when I ask them for any help. I too never hesitate to extend the same helping hand to my neighbor ( more than neighbors, they are friends). Also we spend the evenings together chatting or have fun in our kid's birthday party. So my vote is definitely the top one. What about yours?

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Very good topic. I agree. Times are changing so it is inevitable that these happen. I know my neighbours in and around my street atleast by face or many by names. But I dont call them friends. I mean they are all good people but not necessarily my friends. But some distance is maintained by my choice.

3. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Iknow my neighbours quite well.One is really nosey reminds of a character in a tamil story who barges out every time my door bell rings but on the whole very helpful,so are rest of the them.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

We live like a family in our building. Though we have our competition, jealousy, fat face rituals, it does not put us off to step in to each others home. We understand each other so well, that at times we have started thinking hope we are not real sisters..

We help each other in crisis and do not hesitate to ask for favours when required. We can step in to each others place at any point of time. We are comfortable arranging our lockers with money, jewellery etc.. in each others presence.

We have huge differences, thats part of the game. Where blood relations dupe, neighbours rescue...