1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

OK Ladies, time for some fun:what's the most romantic thing your hubby has done for u

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jasminerule, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Re: OK Ladies, time for some fun:what's the most romantic thing your hubby has done f

Hi

mine usually when he come back from his business trip . i will have perfume and chocolates.

2. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Re: OK Ladies, time for some fun:what's the most romantic thing your hubby has done f

Hi,

It is a very nice thread. When I was doing my Masters in the US I had to slog hard. We were married but I lived in the east coast studying for my Masters and my husband worked in the west coast. My husband would always take an active interest in my studies and he used to encourage me a lot. Once my hubby came to visit me. I had to get up at 4:00AM to finish up an assignment. My hubby woke up with me when the alarm rang and asked me if I wanted a cup of coffee. I was really flattered by his affection. It is a very sweet memory.

Regards,
    Kavya.

3. oaktree

oaktree Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

My hubby is very caring n loving. He always puts me before him n makes sure that I m happy n comfortable. There is something he did yesterday which i would like to mention here...To give some background, we have been brought up in quite different manner..at my parent's house , things are planned n done on time where as at my inlaw's house there is no routine for anything... even daily tasks have no proper timing. they may even take dinner past midnight :spin
    I find such lifestyle very hapazard n bad for health so usually I m after hubby dearest asking him to eat on time, change to more comfortable clothes after he comes back from work, take proper rest n ofcourse to not create a mountain of mess :) in our room.
    He frequently praises me for bringing such good changes in our lives n for taking care of his health, so that encourages me in a way though sometimes I go too far with my health related lectures :)

last night, I was sitting on bed when he came , quickly arranged his pillow , lied down n then said to me - what is this ? why dont u rest, its late night, u should take enough sleep, u donot eat nutritious food at all , u should be more careful ...etc etc he was imitated me Big Laugh ... saying all the things i tell him usually, all this was so unexpected i was just staring at him n trying hard to control my laughter:rotfl n he went on n on with a serious face.
    After his show was over there was a silence for few seconds n then we both burst out laughing.
    I will always remember him teasing me this way..it was very cute.

Regards.

1 person likes this.
  4. sumithareddy

sumithareddy New IL'ite

Reading all your replies makes me write my experiences.

My husband is really cute and very helpful. In the beginning of our marriage life, he never knew about monthly cycles and the pain I go thru. Once I explained him, everytime I get my cycle, he would say " God, please give me all the pains my wife has to go thru".
    This year I had to undergo some medications and some small treatment cycles. After the treatment, I would be very tired and also have severe body pain.This forces me to sleep for hours together on weekends. He would make lunch and dinner and soup for me and feed me when I wake up and again put me to sleep.
    He is the best gift I have ever got in my life.

1 person likes this.
  5. sumithareddy

sumithareddy New IL'ite

Reading all your replies makes me write my experiences.

My husband is really cute and very helpful. In the beginning of our marriage life, he never knew about monthly cycles and the pain I go thru. Once I explained him, everytime I get my cycle, he would say " God, please give me all the pains my wife has to go thru".
    This year I had to undergo some medications and some small treatment cycles. After the treatment, I would be very tired and also have severe body pain.This forces me to sleep for hours together on weekends. He would make lunch and dinner and soup for me and feed me when I wake up and again put me to sleep.
    He is the best gift I have ever got in my life.

6. dallascw

dallascw Senior IL'ite

He always makes my cup of coffee.. even if I fight with him and yell that he does not do this and that he reminds me about the coffee he makes and I just have to smile :)

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Nice topic and interesting too to read all the replies ........

My hubby is not a romantic person........but he is caring and loving.......as i used to wake up early on weekdays and keep everything ready for him........so i will be sleeping in weekends till 9 or even 11....he wont wake me..........and wont allow my son to trouble me . ...............( but he will neverver enter kitchen and do some choresRantbonk)..

And.if iam sick.........i will yell him throughout ni8 .lamenting / crying and he will never get bored or angry but will hear to me and console me throughout ni8......and following days..he dont allow me to prepare his lunch.........and aks me to take rest......

mmmmmm...thats all to be honest.........

8. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions ...we are having big fights in our home because of this.....I dont want this anymore.....he nevr understands me or even try to understand me....I dont know weather i am expecting more from him......he separated my account and deposited some money in to mine.......as some one suggested ...I just want to send to India into my account............

and now I just stopped thinking about the money and just want to make my life happy.....I am very senstive to some issues...and I have been married for 3 years and I feel like our relationship is not working.....I feel very unhappy and depressed .....I always think why I got married to this person....he never understands me.....or even i dont know weather I am not understanding him very well.....I dont want to take anything more than this....there are so many issues that makes me feel bad.....I know I am even hurting my husband by doing this...he is the one who is suffering more than me.....I dont know what i want and why i am doing this to him.....I always compares evry thing with others and with my inlaws how he behaves with them and with me......I feel like he always thinks about others first and than me....I am the person who considers us(our family) first than others...I think this is basic mentality of a human being......I am not asking him too much...I just want him to show some interest(love) on me then thinking of others.....then coming to finances he feels like it is his responsibility to give to their parents and brothers even if we dont have and they dont want ...and he doest want to save for our future ......he just wants to have some money which is enough for our essential needs like(food,cloth) ......and he wants to give every thing to their parents and brothers....but not me.....I know he loves me and he can not see if i am unhappy....

I am the one who starts arguing first.....when evr we go out with friends he thinks about them first .....like how they are doing, wht they want,r they need some thing......he dont even thinks abt me.......which makesme feel bad.....like if I dont like some food which they propose ....we have to go with what ever they want and I have to eat waht ever they order.......and with their parents...when I was with them...he will be advising me for each and evry step like where i have to stand, sit what i have to say ..and i should not laugh ...or i should not say any thing....you name it ...that you should not do.....I feel so bad and argues with him or i say against them......he always thinks abt their parents like if i sit in front of them...then they may feel .....he always says me wht they think if you do this or that.....i can not put down every thing here......he is such a critical and pessimist ...and wants me to behave same way......why because he thinks that they would feel.....i faced this for long time and explained him the problem and he said that he will change but he continues same thing.....and he thinks that he changed but i never felt that....I am ready to do any thing for him....what evr he asks me....and I fail always how to express my feelings..and they leads to arguments....gals i think i put down things correctly....i think that i am expressive but i am not.....pls advice me how to control my self and how to express things to my husband .....

I will reply to each and evry ones posts after some time...i am feeling so bad for my self now.....and i have some work....

9. Meenags

Meenags New IL'ite

Hi all,

Simply a lovely thread.. well I would like to share my thoughts here..

we have been settled in bangalore post marriage for the last three years .. though I belong here and my hubby is basicially from chennai..

as many of us have mentioned here.. my dear hubby makes it a point to make me filter coffee every weekend .. and I get the best attention when am late or I am very busy at work.. once i was so tired after a day long office work, to my surprise he just came to my office and picked me .. I was not aware that he was going to come ! that gesture touched me .. on the way we stopped at a resturant , had light dinner.. and am a coffee freak.. had a nice coffee at 9:30pm.. and then left home .. by the time I had reached home, had slept in the car.. usually we have the pratice of switiching on music..my dear hubby did not switch on the music as it would disturb me ... becos iw was sound in sleep... also the roads leading to our house has lot of bumps and the condition that time was bad.. he patiently drove in a such way that I did not realise of any bumps or stopper... when we reached our apartment.. i wondered how did i have such sound 30mins sleep ! he was telling me the next morning that he really drove slowly ( first gear :wink:as I was sound asleep ! this really touched me .. best moment !

cheers
    Meena

2 people like this.
  10. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi, oh nice thread friends..

He is mickey for me, as am his mouse!! Big Laugh
    So coool and caring also naughty at times, gets me lot of chocolates....
    He throws me a cute and romantic smile wen no ones watching us!! :wink: