1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 8

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 15, 2009.

1. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Wow ... ice cream!!! Yummy delicious chocolate ... mmmmmm
    Oh sorry, went off track for a minute ... let me get back to the story now!!!

2. swethakrishnan

:eek:mg:Sridhar Uncle!!!

I didnt expect such a turn of events! You started off on a happy note (with the ice cream!!!) ... and ended like this?! OMG OMG OMG!!! Paavam Malya!

And the Draupathi Vastra Haranam scene ... mind-blowing! We usually perform this scene in Bharathanatyam ... your description has helped me understand things better ... my emotions will come out even better the next time I perform! Thanks a ton!!!

3. swethakrishnan

Complaint!!!

Sridhar Uncle, I have a complaint.:thumbsdown

How come Yamini and Arvind didnt take their kids along with them to the ice-cream parlour??? Arvind and Yamini have been protrayed as an ideal couple ... and ideal parents too! Then how come their kids sat at home while they enjoyed their ice-cream at a posh restaurant??? :frown:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Re: Complaint!!!

Swetha dear,

This is what I was missing in this series, thanks for hitting the nail on the head. Pavam writer sir..edhavudhu oru reason solli ippo samallipaar...adhu ennamo theriyala indha seriesla kids are out..even for ice creams...

Ice creams and Kids are synonyms and namma sir kku adhu theriyalai maybe daughter is in chennai adhu nala irrukkum...he he he

Sri mattikitella...atleast Bangalore varambodhu engalukku oru periya party kudunga..enna okva?

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Oh Swetha, I am happy that I reminded you of the ice creams! Go and ask your mother for a large cup. ha ha ha
    love,
    sridhar uncle

6. varalotti

Hi Swetha,
    I am happy that a dancer read this episode and thought of even incorporating in to her dance. That's the step our Bharatham needs at the moment. How long are we going to show the same emotions....
    Now that you have talked about your interest in dancing let me suggest that you take some of the Azhwar's paasurams for abinayam.
    You can dance for four hours on just those four line உண்ணும் சோறு கண்ணன்.
    Jesudoss has sung one paasuram of Nammazhwar
    மண்ணையிருந்து துழாவி வாமனன் மண்ணிது எண்ணும்
    விண்ணைத் தொழுது அவன் மேவு வைகுந்தம் என்று கைகாட்டும்
    கண்ணையுண்ணீர் மல்கநின்று கடல் வண்ணன் என்னுமன்னே
    என் பெண்ணைப் பெருமயல் செய்தார்க்கு என் செய்கேன் பெய்வளையீரே!
    The entire set of 11 songs is sure to make any one cry. I had to hide my tears even in the first class when I could only guess the meaning.

love,
    sridhar uncle

7. varalotti

Dear Swetha,
    Dear bas,
    I have great sympathy for you two girls. I think you two have been in a tremendous hurry reading this episode.
    Now both of you be good girls and start reading from the beginning. At what time do Arvind and Yamini go to an ice cream parlour?
    Around mid night. How do you expect them to take their young daughters (about four years old) at that unholy hour?
    I wont even let my rank enemy to take his daughter to ice cream parlour at that time.
    Happy girls?
    love,
    sridhar

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Let me clarify that I have not read the episode in a hurry and I know very well that they went at an unearthy hour...but let me tell you those days are gone when kids were not taken outside after 8p.m. These days kids are awake almost till midnight, hence they could have also been treated ....atleast Yams & Arvinds could have bought some icecreams and kept it in the freezer for the kids.. Mainly the writer has forgotten and ippo chappukattu sollarelle

9. swethakrishnan

Dear Sridhar Uncle

My mother is still in Dubai ... she will be flying to Bangalore tomorrow.

I went to Cafe Coffee Day yesterday with my Thatha and Paati. I dont like coffee at all, so I started reading the menu card desperately for something without coffee!!! I found a dish called "Choc-o-Vloc". I ordered it immediately!!! It had a cake called "Chocolate Fantasy"(chocolate truffle) placed between two scoops of vanilla ice-cream topped with chocolate sauce!!! I was reminded of OMG-8!!! I told my grandparents about it while they sipped their Cappucino ...

Regards
    SWETHA

10. swethakrishnan

Re: Complaint!!!

Dear Lalitha Ma'am
    Reason paarungo!!

Firstly, I dont think my parents would leave me and go to an ice-cream parlour!!! Whatever time of the day (or night) it may be!!! No parent would do that!!!

Let us assume that it was too late so they couldn't take their kids with them. But Yamini didnt even mention anything about her kids ... she could have said "we should bring our kids here sometime" or something like that .... adhu onnum ille Sridhar Uncle marandhe poitaar!!!

Sridhar Uncle ... I have to go out now for some last minute shopping ...
    I have a reply for you ... I'll post it later!!!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009