1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 3

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 10, 2009.

1. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

Dear Vara,

The explanation was really too good...regarding idol worship...hats off to your way of thinking....:hatsoff

Coming to the story of Lord perumal it was so full of love...that god would not think twice to do anything for his loving devotees....at times when health or some circumstances dont permit you to meet him....when your just dying to have a glimpse of him....he melts for such a love and shows himself to us...either in human form,dreams or anyother form to reciprocate his universal love...

Really it is a heart touching series:clap...where the lord himself comes down to meet the devotee.....what love...

Thanks again :thankyou2:for sharing such masterpieces with us...vara...

Gooday...

Pooja.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,
    Even if God shows a billionth of his love we could not bear it. No wonder paasuram after paasuram Azhwars melt, mourn, weep, cry and virtually shout unable to bear that love.
    You know, Jaya, one and a half lines of Nammazhwar's paasuram have been haunting me for months on end. In fact I first thought of posting those lines here. Then I thought I would build a whole episode around it so that you will never forget those lines.
    If an accountant just by reading the lines uttered some thousand years back could not contain that kind of love... well it is difficult even to think of someone like the great Nammazhwar.

That white heat of love burns all selfishness to ashes. That was why Araiyar could melt for that poor traveller from Varanasi. I searched all the texts. I could not get the name of the person. This incident is recorded by Nampillai as part of his commentary on Thiruvaimozhi.

All of us are bathing in His love,Jaya. So all of us are really blessed. And,Madam, just 105 minutes to go for OMG 4. Stay tuned.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Pooja,
    Welcome back. In Tamilnadu we have a lot of idiots who decry idol worship. In 1971 a group went and smashed all the idols of Gods. Another group took a procession of the idols defacing and defiling them in all manner possible. In that process they hurt the sentiments of many.

But Pooja, the irony is that after decrying all kinds of idols of God those idiots have statues for their leaders in all the street corners. And if these statutes are harmed or dishonoured, those idiots become violent. I can never tolerate at this kind of double standards and used this place to lash out against them. Happy that you liked it, Pooja.

After living in this world for 50 years (51 as on 29th of this month) I am convinced that God's love for us is at least a million times better than our love for Him. While we are selfish and full of ulterior motives, He is nothing but pure love.

This incident affected me so much that till I got it here I felt so restless.

God has innumerable ways of communicating His love to us. This episode just shows one way.

Thanks for honouring the date, Pooja. The next one is due in 95 minutes from now. Stay tuned.

love,
    vara

4. varalotti

Most Gracious Ladies,

A few seconds from now I will be uploading the fourth episode of this series. While the first three are of one type, the next three or four will be of a different type.

I am taking liberties with you, in choosing these posts. But tell me, kind ladies, with whom else can I take liberties, but you?

I am sure that I am placing my child in not only safe hands, but also warm and loving hands.

Love,
    sridhar

5. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Hari Om Acchan!

Wow.. That’s really a cunning way to simplify the meaning of bakthi acchan.. Only you, who can do it. I really marvel at the explanations Arvind gave to Shankar’s questions. The explanations for each question were undeniable and straightforward.

There are a lot of people like Shankar in this world who still have doubt on His existing accha. Some really believes and never question on it, some have doubts and they question to clarify; some don’t even bother to know, while some have the doubt but pretend as they do believe. No matter who believes or who not, HE continue doing HIS work to take care all of us without prejudice.

The meaning you gave for Thiru Pallandu also very simple and understandable. Your Guru surely proud to have a student like you and we are lucky here to have you in the position of our Guru. [I said so as you input a lot of knowledge to us]

Love,
    Vashini

6. varalotti

Hari Om Vash!

Acchan feels really nice to see his Mol after a long, long time. Acchan almost thought that Mol has left the site and all. Or she is so very busy that finding even a few minutes is a problem for her. Now all my fears are allayed and you are there.

All the explanations are there in the tradition. I am just trying to move them out of the religious department and bring them here in to the General section. In the process I am unpacking them and then repacking them in new language and modern idioms.

Happy that Mol liked the "cunning" explanation. But that's the only way left to explain. And by far there is no counter arguments for this explanation.

Not all live by sculptures and pictures. I would rather love to have my thoughts as an image of him. The problem is that the temples are way too crowded and I get very distracted. But to individually think of his love,well there are no distractions at all there.

The meaning of the paasurams, most of the stories here (except fiction like Loganathan and Malya.. well, Mol, I would suggest that you first read OMG 8 and 9. It is very important) are all my Acharya's gift. In fact I am lucky to have somebody like him.

Thanks for the visit, Mol. Take care and God bless.
    love,
    Acchan

7. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Hari Om!

I would do as you said acchan. I will read OMG 8 and 9 first. :thumbsup Take Care acchan...

Love,
    Vashini