1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Episode 2

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 3, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma,

If others are mothers to one or two children you are a mother to many. So in you my stories have a manifold effect.

Happier still to know that the balvikas kids and their parents too enjoyed the story. You are doing a great service to the community. May God bless you and keep you and yours in good stead for a long time to come.

If you can't give a prompt fb, please don't mind. You have far more precious duties to discharge - like the bv kids. I am happy that these stories are doing wonders to many.

May my guru Dr.Arangarajan and his near and dear ones be blessed with everything in life.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Padma,
    No probs. Will wait for your fb on Episode 2. Please do it before 10th April when the next episode is due.

love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Dear Jothi,

He knows when is the best time for us to read a story or write one. I had planned something else for next week. It had been kept edited and ready. Suddenly I heard that Panguni Utharam falls on April 8th. I had something planned for the 6th episode. I advanced it to 3. But could not find time to write it. Then suddenly when Indhu wanted me to go along with her to meet her mother I took my laptop with me and during the 45 minutes the mother and the daughter were gossipping I finished writing it. This suyapuranam is to tell you that He is incharge of time. Kala Devan.

I am very happy to know that you used Kooresan's story as bedtime story. A bedtime story like that would give a lifetime lesson to your little ones. And don't worry about their understanding the essence and all. You see, Jothi, you have given them the treasure box. some treasures could be opened then and there. And for some you will have to grow a little more in order to be able to reach it. And for some you will get the key only much later. But let's not bother about that. So long as the treasure is with them, it is theirs.

We are going to see more of Yamini and Aravind especially in Episode 4. And might even be seeing a new character now and then.
    Thanks for being with us in this spiritual journey towards eternal happiness.
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Kamla,
    The expression is not my fault. It's a conspiracy cleverly planned by two people. One is from above and the other is my teacher. The first conspirator defeated me by His love; and it was the second one who showed the love of the first conspirator.

I already said it in my response to Lalitha's fb. I don't mind repeating it. If only you had been blessed to hear the narration from my Master you would have had a much greater impact. Of course his language and idiom belong to the tradition. But since he has been training me in that idiom I just sat before him gasping for breath when he narrated the story of Thumbaiyur Kondi.

I am blessed by the Lord for otherwise I would not have got a Master like Dr.Arangarajan. I am blessed by the Lord for otherwise I would not have friends like you constantly praising and encouraging me.

After having spent a few years with Azhwars' verses I can now say with confidence that their most distinguishing style is simplicity. If only we are familiar with the poetic Tamil and the range of expressions that belong to that period we can enjoy the pasurams. The inherent simplicity in the original work has come out on its own. My contribution to the whole episode is that I did not stand in the way. In that way being a novice helps a lot.

How am I going to thank you for the kind words you have about my way of responding to your fb?
    The underlying secret is quite simple. I see your fb and I start thinking. Oh My God! What kind of lady this New Jersey lady should have to spend so much time reading my post and writing such a nice fb. Gratitude which often overflows in my mind does the trick and gives you the optical illusion of my giving good responses.
    I need to thank you and all the ILites for honing my skills.
    love,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Dear Vidu,

Your shedding tears and every drop of them reciting His name.. I am really moved, Vidu. Our Acharyas beginning from Vyasar have made sworn statements about His love. The problem with us is we don't believe them.

And I virtually accept your Hi Fi.
    Thanks for honouring this date. Remember that 10th April is a special date. And we are going to see a special story. don't forget.
    Om Namo Narayanaaya

love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Meenakshi,
    In a few hours from now our queen, your namesake is going to have Her Kumbabishekam. Pray for the safety of all the people involved. It's going to be a huge exercise.

I am very happy to see that you have kept your date with me, that you like the pasuram and felt nice to hear about Kondi.
    Thanks for the nice words, Meenakshi.
    Please don't forget your next date with me, the 10th of April.
    love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Malathi,

Never mind your delayed entry. You entered with a bang (Aruna, Kamla and Lalitha were inspired to enter again after you entered the thread) And you yourself entered into this thread again with the bang.

To have this published as a book is a wonderful suggestion. In fact to make it in Tamil is not a problem. My publisher, Kavitha Publication, has made an open offer to me. They are ready to publish any novels and short story collections that I may write. Spritual stories (Aanmeeka Kathaikal) is a little difficult, but I can manage.

Getting a publisher in English who understands the idea and my mission is a problem. I don't think anybody from the publishers pool I know will undertake the job. Please pray that we should get a publisher.

And keep on telling your friends as well. If by chance you get to know a good publisher I am game. As I had already told in these columns I don't want any royalty from them. Let's see.

Malathi, you have raised a very important point. Magazines like Nrisimhapriya etc. publish these type of stories but lack the depth. You are right. You see the problem with those people is that they make God and the story exceedingly holy distancing the reader away from it. And the only advantage this mofussil accountant has over them is that my writing capacity is confined only to love stories. (you know all my serials are love stories in one way or another). So I choose only those stories which are pure, ag mark love stories and then treat them as such. My expressions are not religious or chaste. Because I am sure these stories belong to all irrespective of one's caste, creed or religion. And finally I have a simple litmus test. Unless I cry while writing the story I don't let it pass through these columns.

Thanks for the compliments, Malathi which is my teacher's gift to me. Today is Panguni Utharam and the next story to be posted the day after tomorrow is about a Panguni Utharam 1000 years ago.
    love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Dear Pooja,

That was a humorous observation of your attributing Yamini's lines to Indhu Mam. Indhu loves me and my writings. But she and preethi are the best ego-busters available in the market. She won't make that kind of statements. ha ha ha. But a mean person like me need ego busters. So God in his infinite wisdom gave me two - my wife and my daughter so that I am constantly kept under check.

Yes, Pooja. After translating more than three books from English to Tamil and many, many stories from language to another.. I find that every language has a beauty which can't be expressed in another language. I have melted hearing Swami Thiagaraja' krithis in Telugu. But when somebody tries to translate the krithis they could not bring in the full emotions from Telugu to Tamil or English. May be Telugu is best suited for music. That's why Tamil's greatest poet Bharathi, when talking about the best things in India said, 'sundara telunginil paatisaithu' - we will be singing in the beautiful language of Telugu.

Nalayira Divya Prabandam, the vedas are very pregnant texts. They were all uttered in moments of ecstasy. That's why it is difficult to bring the same effect in any other language.

I feel blessed Pooja, to be the channel through which these things pass to you. And we are equally blessed.

As I am writing this response I lifted both my hands to fully bless you. Eagerly waiting to see you on our next date, the day after tomorrow.

love,
    vara

9. varalotti

Dear EQ,
    I can understand. When my Guru told the story to me I was in a similar condition. And the calmness you had after reading the story will be there with you forever. Even if it slips away from you, you can bring it back by remembering the story.
    I have already given a combined reply to you, Malathi, Lalitha and Kamla about the book publication idea.
    Thanks for honouring the date EQ. The next date is 10th April.
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear Ashwini,
    There is no "fan list" my friend. All our names belong to the big list of devotees who see God in love and love in God.
    I am happy that Thumbaiyur Kondi has made you write a fb to my work breaking your so many years of vratham.
    Thanks for accepting as my guru and paying the guru dakshina in advance.
    May you and yours be always blessed.
    love,
    sridhar