1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh My God! Birthday Special

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Apr 29, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Siindhu,
    nice to see you here after a long tiime. Thanks for the kind birthday wishes.

I am happy that you liked this story.

Please don't forget to visit the thread OMG 6 (link in my signature)

love,
    sridhar

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti
    Reading your wonderful writing I can say you will be one of the great wrtiter very fast. So Ramanuja's and your birthday falls on the same day.
    Looks like Lord has sent you here to teach us, some good thoughts
    wow during old time I think even today in some places these untouchables are treated like some diseased people which is really sad, but during such a time Ramanuja teaching all these people was just wonderful to know about it,
    it was a very nice gift for all your fans.
    Thanks for the wonderful extra episode for all of us.

3. varalotti

Dear EQ,

thanks for the opening words of your fb which made my day today and will make many of my days to come.

Actually I do not share my birthday with the Greatest of saints. His star is Thiruvaathirai whereas mine is Purva Palguni. It so happened that in this year 2009 my English Date birthday 29th April fell exactly on the day the Saint had his star birthday.

This can not be described as a coincidence. It's a freak horological accident.

The one thought that blocks us from reaching God and enjoying his unlimited love is our pride. The subtle thought that we are always one-up over the others. Casteism, untouchability are all the results of such a feeling. Ramanuja tried to burn these problems at their roots. But seeing the current day events I should say that his success in this endevaour was not complete.

You are most welcome, EQ. And thanks for the great fb.
    love,
    sridhar

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Sir,
    Thanks for sharing the story as it is with us. Hair just stands on the end when i read it , an epitome of bhakti. Devotion to learning from a Guru is indeed a rare now adays.
    Recently my Guru shared his experience to get diksha from his Guru where he had to jump from the fort in Delhi, may be one day i will share it with you if you are interested.
    I must thank you a million for sharing, gyana shd be shared & it is one of the best dhanam.
    Jaya

5. varalotti

Dear Jaya,

You are most welcome. I heard this story more than 25 years ago.And since then I have been hearing many versions of the story. Even now hearing the story, reading it or writing it, makes me cry. What a love! What a devotion!

Yes, Jaya I would be interested in knowing about your Guru's devotion. You may please post it here itself.

You are right, knowledge is meant to be shared. At the same time we should remember what Jesus said in this context. 'Don't cast thy pearls before a swine.'

Jaya, another piece which I loved reading was Oh My God Episode 6. Why don't you read it when your time permits and let me know what do you think of it.
    love,
    sridhar

6. ashwiniramesh

ashwiniramesh New IL'ite

I am really sorry sir, i am feeling ashamed myself and regretted for not knowing my guru' birthday, Anyway belated wishes ,HAPPY BIRTHYDAY.
    Even i ,just know that Ramanujacharya was a great saint, nothing apart from that, you are the one who is awakening me spiritually, i really dont have any other words to praise you b'coz already all the ilites have used all the words for you i just simply say you are great:bowdown. Please keep on writing like this on that great saints.
    And i have included 'Ramanujacharya sharanu sharanam prapadhye' in my daily prayers.

And i have one question, ie. Does god makes the human spirit talk as if he is talking, and in those stories like god goes where the disciple is there ( like namperumal), Are they real stories? bcoz, now also in many places they say god will come on a man to solve the problems, even i visited them once but i didn't believed that, but after reading in your stories , that god makes that priest to talk etc. i am little confusedbonk
    But i believe god and his love but not like he comes on the man.
    Sorry if i have blabbered something!

7. varalotti

Dear Ashwini,

Never mind the delay. No need for any apologies. I am happy that you greeted me. Thanks a lot for your kind wishes.

I am not you guru, Ashwini. Both of us are fellow-disciples and we share a common Guru, life itself. I am just sharing my experiences and thoughts
    here.

I am really thrilled to know that my posts awaken you spiritually. Thanks for those kind words. I will go on writing so long as I live. I have so many things to tell you that at times I feel that this one life time may not be enough.

You have raised a wonderful question, Ashwini. We should first know that God has many channels of communication. We can't expect him to appear before us in all Glory and thunder his commands to us. He can communicate us through others, he can manifest as a spirit in other beings. But unfortunately now most of these 'manifestations' are bogus. So one has to be extra careful with all those things.

At the same time we can't dismiss that such things wont happen at all.

When you believe God and his love, when you believe that God can reside in the stone or metal statue we worship in temples what's the big deal in believing that he is manifest in people as well?

You have not blabbered. You raised a pertinent question. One has to be very careful these days with God men.
    Thanks for the nice fb, Ashwini. And thanks once again for your kind b'day wishes.
    love,
    sridhar

8. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

A wonderful post !! When we read about saints like Acharya Ramanuja, we can actually feel the growth that is so essential in life. I guess the growth is the positivity that envelops us as we get acquainted to various holy and divine souls thanks to your posts.
    So on your birthday , it is not just you that has grown a year older, but we too have grown along with you in knowledge , thanks to you!

A great treat to all of us from you.

Love,
    Devika Mol

9. varalotti

Dear Mol,
    You are right. As we are reading about great minds like Sankara, Ramanuja and Buddha, we are simultaneously growing, both emotionally and spiritually. These people are our common wealth. Irrespective of the religion they folowed and the God they worshipped they belong to us all. They are as one swamiji called, "Yuga Purushas"

A very nice expression which only somebody of the stature of my mol can manage to make.
    Thanks Mol.
    love,
    sridhar

10. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Acchan,
    Hari Om,
    I read your thread this time with ending it by humming the song below...

SARANAGATHI ENDRUM SARANAGATHI
    ETHIRAJANIN PATHAM SARANAGATHI
    RAMANUJA ENDRUM NIYE GATHI
    NITHANE YANGALIN ARUL MANITHI

what a love! what a devotion!

SRI RAMANUJA PATHE POTRE
    ETHIRAJAR UNNAL POTRE
    SRI MATHE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA
    Thanks for the story accha.

With love,
    vashini

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009