1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Off Days Of A Typical Guy :)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GoogleGlass, Jul 7, 2016.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Off days of a typical guy :)

@parineetha you are behind this, my voluntary disclosure :)

Is there anything called an off day? All days are same for a typical married soul – a guy soul am talking about. Are there genders in souls? Probably so :)

Newly wed and you are subject to rest your head on a cozy place and her hands pry through your hair, comforting though, but will soon realize the coming days, years are not going to be as comforting :)

This is a two in one Mrs stroke as the master turned slave for life you see :) at the touch, guys start pouring all out their childhood secrets, un edited, unabridged and would soon realize for a compromise there isn’t a window nor a thin willow bridge even :)

Why did I behave so? You should have done this and not that – it’s for an event that happened a decade ago, oh sh**, should not have revealed, late realization that polarizes her image on me for ever :)

Wading through the hair they spot the memory button and the hard reset button as well. On will you would be made to blabber what they want and reset you if you turn clever, by chance – but very rare, ought to admit :)

Honey what did you feel about the family get together? Just a casual invite to lure in to a quagmire and sink you for sure. Wow great dear. What was great? Especially the dance for that hit number. Did you like it? Yes dear to the core. Oh nice. These words open up you further for the final close down soon :)

Who is that cousin of yours? You mean that slim one! No not that the other chubby one, she was lovely in that black one, bit my tongue hard, should have bitten much earlier though!!!! :)

Should I go along further in explaining what a typical guys off days are? Leave it to you and you guys are damn good at it… :)

sindmani, TheCupid, Kamalji and 12 others like this.

2. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Good Narration @GoogleGlass
    Time we get to hear the woes of other side too.

shyamala1234 and GoogleGlass like this.
  3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG,

Am I normal? I ask myself. None of these has ever happened to me. :anguished:

periamma, jskls, kcb and 1 other person like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL GG, you almost made me sorry for guys. And that takes some doing!!!!!

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You know GG, men's behaviour on 'off' days has undergone a lot of change over generations. I remember my dad's idea of an off-day was to catch up with his sleep. An oil-bath in the morning, a heavy lunch, park the body in the easy chair and then be dead till dinner. I have seen him wake up at dinner time and go to bath room with a tooth brush and towel thinking that yet another day was breaking. My mum would smile indulgently and say that men deserved such rest. Life was not very complicated in those days and sleep came easily at any time of the day or night.

Then we took over. Just as 007 was licensed to kill, off-day was a license for us to act as crazy as possible. We planned crazy things for the day which included an evening out with the buddies in the club to discuss matters that threatened the very existence of menfolk. We kept Radio Ceylon at full volume to listen to 'Purani Filmon Ki Geet' in the morning which invariably ended with a song by K.L.Saigal. This would be followed by listener's choice. All the while , our minds would be giving shape to the planned evening out with the buddies. Little did we realise that ominous prophecy of Robert Burns that
    "The best laid schemes of mice and men
    Gang aft agley," would come true in our case too. Just as we put on our best shirt, splashed our favourite perfume and whistled our favourite song getting ready for our evening out, we see the wife also engaged in similar act except whistling the favourite song. Little surprised, we ask the wife, 'You are coming to the club too?' And the wife gives a cold stare and says, 'Damn your club! Have you forgotten the wedding reception of Akash today?' We get totally deflated by this piece of news. Thus our off-day with all its colourful dreams dissipate without a trace.

The scenario that you have painted is not far different from what we went through. But I find a tendency on the part of the modern men to throw caution to the wind in their interactions with their wives and land themselves in deep soup!
    Sri

sindmani, umaakumar, TheCupid and 9 others like this.
  6. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Lol GG!..looks like the ‘FM(From marriage?) radio’ is muted ever since the unlicensed broadcasting case. :roflmao:

Until it’s tuned to a licensed single frequency or band, radio can’t go about blaring ‘loud music’ you see!

Violation of frequency is an unwarranted..unsolicited broadcasting. :D:p

periamma, ashima10 and GoogleGlass like this.
  7. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

GoogleGlass likes this.
  8. GoogleGlass

ha ha ha

thank you shobamma

9. GoogleGlass

lol

oj-da you are the heart-throb of kolkata as Mithun was, hence you were not put to test :)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    ashima10 likes this.
  10. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

Your writing seems to be my future!! GG ;)

GoogleGlass likes this.