Of the following people died in 2007 whom would you bring back to life?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Dec 31, 2007.

Of the following people died in 2007 whom would you bring back to life?

1. G.P. Sippy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sidney Sheldon

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. Benazir Bhutto

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. Boris Yelstin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Others

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Poll for 30th Dec.2007 to 5th Jan 2008

Hello ILites,

The dawn of the New year and the angel appears in front of you and grants you with the wish to bring back any one of the following famous personality who died during 2007, who would it be?

Is it Boris Yelstin the former Russian President?

Is it G.P.Sippy, the veteran Indian film maker who gave us blockbuster movies like Sholay.

Is it Benazir Bhutto, the Pakistan politician who succumbed to the terrorist attack?

Is it Sidney Sheldon, the great novelist who gave memorable books like "Sands of Time", Other Side of midnight" etc.,

Take your pick and let us have this personality living in our heart for ever.

2. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

My vote is for Sidney Sheldon for giving me an escape route at least for a few hours from this bad bad world made worse by the below in the options....;-)

Yeltsin .....didn't do enough

Sippy .....brought more graphic violence to indian movies

Bhutto.....takes the cake the mother of taliban (see her tranformation from a fashion plate to hijab wearing fundamentalist under whose PM'ship pakistan was one of the only 3 countries to recognise Taliban government in Afghanistan)

among the others (option) i would like to bring to life all the innocents(bystanders) who lost their life in Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Israel and the world over....

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  3. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

I would say..nobody from this list! Those who are gone, had their chance to live & did what they can in their own ways. Now, T's time for New..someone else..chance for new spirits..new ways.

So Long to Those who are Gone..
    Welcome to those who has yet to get a chance
    Happy New Year ...in advance..

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i Think Every Soul Knows Its End Still Smile And Wave, Even Rajeev Gandhi Knew That The End Is Around, But Yes Given A Chance I Would Defenitely Want Bhutto To Live A Little More If She Could Bring About A Change In The Attitude Of Pakistan Which May Influence Our Relations World Wide And Improve The Mental State Of That Land And Curb Terrorism, United States Or No But Still A Leader Has The Power To Do So, And Musharaf Fails In All Line Here, Terrorism Has Increased A Lot And So Many Mosques Are Blasted. More Hooligans Than Enlightened Souls There..sunkan

5. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

In the poll we have been given a choice "others".
    I would like an Indian by birth but a British by citizenship to be brougt back alive.I am talking about Bob Woolmer, the great cricket coach
    Bob was one of the most decent men in cricket. He would never have anything to do with match-fixing and I don't think he'd ever be a whistleblower on the corruption in cricket." For Bob, cricket and the players always came first.
    He was a man of honesty, integrity and kindness."
    He managed through encouragement, support and friendship. He was last man to fall out with his players .

6. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Blondie, Venonimiss, Sunkan, Gopalan

Thanks for sharing your views about the poll topic.

Do check out this week's poll question here.

Share us your comments.

7. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

I will never make any attempt to bring back to life anyone.Nobody is indispensable. Let law of nature take its own course. kanaka

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Had I had the power of bringing back people alive I would want my dear father to come back.One year has passed by and we are still trying to heal the pain of his loss...........

9. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

kanaka and All
    Kanaka,Why do you say so? Pl. don't think i am talking philosophy. Actually I didn't like the thread at all. Agreed, all of us know it's not humanly possible to revive a dead soul.

The very discussion of such topics makes me feel we are just making mockery of HIM- that force which makes the entire cosmos revolve. Perhaps you would all say "Come on why take such things so seriously. Don't try to make mountain out of a mole.

I think these tendencies are due to the Ahamkara at our subconscious level. Suppose if I try to be expert in an area where I have no say, how will people react? Won't I be labelled - -- - --- - -. My little experience and little reading makes me feel we will face the same reaction from that thing or power or force. name it the way you want. Dear don't take this as a retotrt or even hurt. I can very well empathise with your feeling. My condolence to you and your family.

These is the reason why I gave the reply-Let things take its natural course. Dear it can happen to me too. But I felt we should not trespass the limits of maryada.

May your father's soul rest in Peace. kanaka

10. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ilites,

Bhutto would be my #1 choice, as she was seriously contemplating to have a change of power in Pakistan. Whatever happens to Pakistan, the animousity between India and Pakistan is not going to go away, but some hope to India to feel a bit relieved until the new Pak Govt kicks in with new set of policies towards India for better relationship.

:cheers Geeth Priya.