Of saving a cat

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by lalitha_krish, Dec 30, 2009.

1. lalitha_krish

lalitha_krish New IL'ite

Hi,
    Wanted to share an incident that happened an year ago at my house in chennai.We used to have a frequent visitor to our house - a big brown cat :).He used to be happy gazing at the trees by sitting on top of a 30ft narrow well.One day my mom heard the mew of her cat but the cat was not seen in view anywhere.Later she found that the cat had slipped and fallen into the well 30 ft.
    My dad though he is not very fond of cats wanted to rescue it from the well somehow.So he lowered an Anchor sort of a thing with rope attached to it 30 ft down.The cat was so intelligent to cling onto the rope.Slowly dad pulled the rope up but before it reached the tip of the well the cat slipped and fell again.The cat didnot give up either.For the second time dad lowered the rope again and this time the cat held it firmly and was pulled to the ground.The cat was disturbed for an hour or so but came back to normal after that.
    He still sits on the well unpretrubed by the incident :)
    Am happy for my dad who saved the life of a cat :)

Regards
    Lalitha

2. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Lalitha,
    :hatsoff to your father. Eventhough he doesn't like it, he saved it.

Even once I came across this kind of incident. Once my cat somehow climbed to the top of the mango tree. When I was searching for it, I could hear only his 'mew' sound. Finally found him and he was trying to get down. As he was scared to get down, I ran and brought a ladder and placed it at the tree. He came down happily. :crazy Brilliant boy!

3. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Lalitha,

Thanks for sharing this story..... Good that ur dad did a nice job :thumbsup

@ Shel, enjoyed ur story too :rotflThanks for sharing !!!