1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Of Godmen,Cricketers and Etc

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Of Godmen,Cricketers and Etc

Satya Sai Baba is in a critical condition and all his devotees are worried about his health and life in general. This is what I read in the papers today.

He is said to have performed so many miracles, I need not go into them, for I am a nonbeliever in living Gurus, so I don’t believe in any Guru at all. Cant he perform a miracle on himself and get himself back to good health ?

I see so many people sad at his health. Do they not realize that he is human, and will die someday? That he too took birth from the womb of a mother, and that he too will die one day ? He has lived a good life, unto a ripe age, and there comes a time when u have to bid goodbye to everyone on this earth ?

To believe in a Guru is fine, even if I don’t believe in one, but to be a fanatical follower, to believe the Guru is God, that he performs miracles, that he will never die, beats me. Whoever is born, will die surely, we all know that. I know of people who leave their homes, and go and stay forever in Ashrams of their beloved Guru, bringing in family rifts and discord. Then the veg and non veg discord comes in, and unless the whole family believes in one guru, there will be trouble all around.

We go to doctors, if we are sick, but we cannot be a disciple of a Doctor ! For as soon as we are well, we take leave of him, to visit him again when we are sick and we need his medicine.

Yes gurus can provide solace to a troubled person, but to be obsessed with the Guru, is asking for trouble. This is not to belittle anyone, for each to their own, the world does not run on Kamalji’s thoughts, but I just do not see any logic or rationale in most of the followers, who think their Guru wont die, or get sick, and that all their problems will be solved by the Guru. God has given each of us a wonderful brain, and common sense, we can solve most of our problems if we listen to our minds and conscience, for both don’t lie, and tell the harshest of the truth.

Hence I was surprised too when I heard Yuvraj’s mother on NDTV yesterday, saying Yuvi performed well, bcs his bat was blessed by two guru’s, and so he performed well. And she even named the two gurus, whose names I don’t remember.

I was zapped hearing this on a national channel, to what levels even intelligent people stoop to. If blessing a bat can win the Cup, I wonder what will happen when an impotent man goes to the Guru !

The way money is being showered on the cricketers, beats me. No I don’t grudge them, for they are not begging for it, but why refuse money when it is given happily to u.

This is the time I regret not having a son, I was stupid to have gone and asked God for daughters, for even kamal can be stupid at times. I did not foresee this thing happening a good 30 years back.

Today if I had a son, I would whack him if I find him studying, in his AC room, for I can afford that of course, and see him playing computer , and his mobile, I would yank him by the color and tell him, to go out and play in the sun, and to become a cricketer.

And I would teach him to bat, also to bowl, but spin and pace, and also to learn wicket keeping, so that he is decent , if not brilliant in all, and use my influence to get him in the Ranji’s , and then one dayers, then the IPL, and then test matches, for after that, he and I can live a life of luxury, as also our coming 7 generations.

So now I am thinking of siring a son now, but I will have to live another 25 years to see him mature, when I will be close to 80 plus. God knows if I will live that long, so well maybe I drop this stupid idea, eh ! If Guru’s can die, so I think I will too !

And then we have that case of that lady Pandey who said she would strip for the boys , in front of them, if India wins the world cup. Well I think she thought we would not win, but now well, the question is, even if she wants to , are the players interested ? I have seen the pics of the girls our cricketers are going around with, she is lousy by any standards, but with the cricketers having seem and been with the best of the females who throw themselves on them, I don’t think they would be interested if Rakhee Sawant too were to offer the same !!!

Well , I sign off here, ladies and gentlemen, I mean no offence, but if u do take offence, so be it, as Rhett Buttler said in the Movie Gone with the Wind, “ I don’t care a damn, my dear “

KAMAL MAHTANI

Police to Sardar – What are u two doing in the park, coochie cooing ?
    Sardar – We are married, officer.
    Policeman – Then why don’t u do all this at home ?
    Sardar – The problem is, her husband and my wife wont like it !!!

Dear Raj Thakeray,

A Chandigarh lad, A jharkhand Captain, and a Delhi boy won the world cup for us,
    And dedicated it to a Marathi Legend/

Your regional hatred has failed.

Jai Ho India !!!

Today is happy WIFE Day
    Always love WIFE,
    No life without WIFE
    Remain loyal and faithful to WIFE

Never Mind whose WIFE she is !!!

Song from Amar Akbar anthony

Anhoni ko honi kar de,
    Honi ko Anhoni,
    Ek jagah jab jama ho teeno

Rajni,
    Gajni,
    Dhoni !!!!

There are 3 scary things to see the following morning after u get drunk

1) your face
    2) Wallet
    3) List of outgoing calls !!!

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,

A hilarious one as usual. God and my guru bless you for starting my day off with a good laugh! :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

On a more serious note, Kamalji, I am not a believer, nor am I a non-believer. The truth is I don't know - I'm an agnostic. I don't want to get too deep into this, but I guess since all of us have a spark of the Divine in us, may be some people over time evolve to the extent as to be able to tap the latent powers in ourselves to become capable of "miracles". Anyway, more of this some other time. The point is if this is the case, maybe, the guru knows that he is in a mortal body and a gyani will never try to use his powers to give himself advantages beyond the limits of his bodily experience.

Anyway, enough of all this. Kamalji, too late to regret that you do not have a son. There is one paryay though. You can adopt one who is old enough to play cricket. See there is always a way out of every problem. :idea So where ther is a will there is a way, Give my idea a serious thought.

True blue Kamalji, and only you can get away with such a statement!!!:biglaugh:biglaugh

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Well i can get away with murder at times u know :biglaugh

i had one controversy here at indus a few years back, and my blog was not deleted but the comments were stopped immediately.i had written about i think Sabarimala or Tirupathi, and some ladies took offence, though the moderators were on my side, so i told the mods do as u please, for me a blog ends in two days and a new one starts.

Well these aer deep subjects for a layman like me, i jsut state the obvious, that a guru is a human being, just like u and me, it is their way of living, they teach well, i agree, we dont stick to our teachers at school all oyur lives, we learn and move on, why stick to the Guru or anyone for tht matter, learn and practise it in real life and ebcomea better person, is all i say Satchi.

Thanks for opening my account here, with a wonderful FB.i knew this is sensitive, but still i cant help giving out my views on how i see it.

Regads

kamal

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Ha ha ha ha..... :rotflthat was really hilarious!!

I loved "Dear Raj Thakeray,

A Chandigarh lad, A jharkhand Captain, and a Delhi boy won the world cup for us,

And dedicated it to a Marathi Legend/

Your regional hatred has failed.

Jai Ho India !!!"

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akila,

Thank u.

Regards

kamal

6. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji
    I too read about Sathya Sai baba's health... well as they say... the only certainty in life is death... we all are mere mortals.. all living creatures have the divine in them and some I guess propagate it to their advantage.. but thats about Godmen.. I did hear yuvraj and Bhaji both thank their various gurus for their victory... Kamalji.. belief has such power... rarely do people realise that its actually their inner strength & team spirit which has won the cup.. somehow takes away the joy.. what say???
    well .. I hope my son doesn't hear you or else he will stop whatever little studies he does!!...
    I didn't know about this Panday lady.. are you serious??... well I hope for the cricketers sake that she doesn't live upto her promise!!.. HAHAHA..
    jokes were good
    k

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, the "gfod" hospitalized with serious illness has host of cricketers as his devotees, including Sunil Gavaskar, Alvin Kallicharan and Arjuna Ranatunga. Even if the "god" doesn't want to perform a miracle to heal himself, he could at least pull one from under his sleeve to die peacefully without sufferng I don't know why the almighty wants to suffer.

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly,

Make yr son a cricketer, u and 7 generations will live happily ever after in comfort.

and there is plenty of space in Twnety twenty also. Two months of work, and like pathan 10 crores, whcih we dont make inour whole lives eh ! What say?

Well this girl si shameless, and she looks ugs , what her parents must be thinking eh !

Well God men what to say, HAHA

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

You said what i wanted tosay , but did not have the guts, why suffer , either treat yrself, or go peacefully, he must be close to 80, which is a ripe age for a human being to go, but if he is god, then live for a fw hundred years, but why with theh help of mortals called doctors eh !

Regards

kamal

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamlaji, as always a nice snippet about the events that are happening in India which affect millions and milloins of us one way or the other - Sai Baba, cricketers and ofcourse Pandey - I have have baffled to put it mildly. Forget the girlfriends or the women they move around with, I have been thinking about the mothers, sisters and wives (in cases where they are married) and wondering what would they be feeling!!!! As for the wealth of cricketers (add bollywood actors and a few others), again all I can do is just think about how much wealth is being generated that is not going back to the society, atleast some parts of it and today I am thinking a lot about is Anna Hazare and the difference he trying to make and am simply happy to note that atleast Amir Khan came forward offering support. We need this kind of awakening more than the spiritual - much needed.

Thanks for the blog, for it allowed me to pour out my own views and thanks for putting up with it too :)