1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Of Birds And Bees

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Of Birds And Bees

Yesterday at the park, there were trongs of new people, well dressed youngsters.A hundred of them at least. Some had new plants in their hands, some had water bowls, which they were handing on tree branches.

And then one guy would climb the tree, and click the pic of the other two dozen who all posed. And there were plenty of selfies. One handsome fellow called me out from my walk, and said, uncle please click us, and I obliged.

I was wondering what all is happening, and when I came home, realized that this was World Enviorment day. So on this day, u guys fill water for birds, plant a new tree, and then disappear for the next 364 days, thinking that the bird that drank today, will be alive after a year, when u guys will come back and fill her pot of water eh ! And what a nice opportunity for a post on Face Book. Ah so many likes u will receive, and yr friends would have done the same things too, and u like their post, and whole day u are busy.

I guess these days one has to be reminded that there is a mother alive, hen ce mother’s day ? Ah I must buy her something, call her up, send her a gift, and use your mother for a nice photo opportunity. For the rest of the year, well she will again have to wait to have your attention.

There is a guy in the park, he brings everyday without fail, about 2 kgs bajra food for the birds, and two bottles of two litres each, water for the birds, and he goes on filling these water [pots. WE have drinking water facility installed, and I see him refilling the bottles for the birds. In my eyes , he is the loftiest person, who cares for environment, who does not need to tell the world what he is doing.

I visited a friend of mine the other day. His staff member came with a box of sweets for the boss, and seeing me, knowing me over the years, told me to take a piece. I asked the reason, he said, his daughter is engaged, we congratulated him, and that is that. I know that this fellow is with this friend of mine for over 20 years,, and though a pressman, one of the two hundred odd staff , he is the bosses right hand man.

This man has many faults, one being that he drinks everyday after he goes from work. Secondly he will take off as and when it suits him, he will disappear for a week at times, and this repeats almost every month. When he is admonished , he will keep quiet, and make such a face, that u don’t know what to say, and he will hold his years, and say I wont do this again.

And he has borrowed from everyone he has known, and they keep persuing him for money.Basicaly he is the pits. But he has one good quality. He is very honest, he will not eye your money ever, but u can never be sure about the whiskey lying around yr house or office.He will do things that no one else will do.

Two dogs of the friend of mine died of old age and sickness.HE nursed them in their final days, sleeping with the dogs washing them , bathing them, carrying one of them in his arms to the lawns of the bosses bunglow for him to relieve himself, bring him in , bathe and power him.

When they died both graves he dug in the lawns, and put them to rest, and cried no end.My friend tells me , this one act of his, overrides all his other faults.Yes truly my friend is lucky, to have such a nice person with him, even if the world calls him a drunkard, dhobi, and what not.

Now about the daughter. I t is an arranged marriage. The boys side liked the girl’s photo, and came down to visit and see her. Well they liked her a lot, and confirmed it there and there.And the best part is, they came in a Brand New Honda Car, which surprised the whole neighbourhood. The boys side are pure vegetarians, and said, we will let your daughter study what ever she wan ts after marriage,that they need her in just one garment, everything will be from their side.They came to know he is broke.

But they have told him, that please do not drink in front of us, we aer pure veg and non drinker family , kindly adhere to our wishes. He agreed.And they praised this fellow, saying we are impressed that u don’t have money, but u are educating your daughter. And it seems his daughter had rejected the previous matches, for those were that she gets married to a drunkard, she produces kids , and she goes washing clothes in others houses, or have a press on the roadside, pressing clothes for the colony.

Really I fell, girls are laxmi, they are wealth, and they bring their own luck. In us Sindhis , it is said, here comes laxmi, either as a daughter or as a bride.

Hats off to the ladies, what would we men do without u eh !

===============================================================================

Closing the Divorce and Alimony case of Santa Singh vs Preeto Kaur ...

Judge : "I have reviewed this case carefully and have decided to give your wife alimony of Rs 2,00,000 per month.

Santa: "That's very fair & kind of you, your honor. And whenever possible, I'll also try to give her some money myself !

Today special :

अगरलोगोकेदिलमें...
    जिन्दारहनाहै....

तोलोगोसेपैसेउधारलो

Swami Vijay Malliya.

Just ordered Service Tax, Service Charge, VAT, Krishi Kalyan Cess, etc....
    I got a pizza free.

Our apartment Watchman Was Drinking On Duty.
    I Asked Him : Why?
    He Replied
    "Security Must Be Tight..."

Interesting notice boards:*

Forest Dept:
    *"Shoot the bird with camera not with Gun..."*

Traffic Dept:
    *"Donate blood, But not on Roads..."*

Petrol Pump:
    *"No smoking"* " Your life may be worthless but our petrol is Costly"

And Finally!!

Hospital Board:-
    "If you still want to continue looking @ girls, even after your Death *"DONATE YOUR EYES"*

Balajee, VaniVyas, Scorpio707 and 6 others like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Some really heart warming stories, Kamalji. Am so happy for that girl. I do hope they keep her happy.

Enjoyed the jokes. :)

vaidehi71 likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Aww K ji, what a sweet post to start the morning with! Laxmi comes as either daughters or brides - that is such a wonderful attitude! I am not exaggerating. Just yesterday I met a girl and we talked and talked like long lost friends and when she finally said that she is actually a Sindhi but brought up in Mumbai, I went no wonder I like her already. Yes I did think of you!

This here had me chuckle Kamal ji. Every day as I water my plants, I do fill the bird bath - for selfish reasons! I want to attract more birds to my yard and I eternally grateful for my pond :)
    Till I saw on FB, I was not even aware that it is world environment day! A friend had posted this and it totally makes sense

[​IMG]

We have to stop behaving like we are making all the difference to the world!

4. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji,

Your park theory and experience was awesome. Talk about selfies now, it's a menace really. I didn't know it was WED yesterday, I do my part by keeping water in the balcony - for the squirrels and pigeons ( they are dirty and smell still :)).

5. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

Once again a very nice post.

Many many years back there use to be cartoons of RK Laxman in one of the newspapers. On world environment day there was a cartoon of his showing a minister planting a tree. The gardener is telling him " Sir please plant it here. (Showing the pit on the ground) This is where the tree is planted every year." Your post reminded me of this.

There are many activities today which are done just for show. The Companies (multinationals) in Bangalore, have something called the community work. They come out with different ideas. So sometime back one team from one of these Companies came with brooms and paints and cleaned up all the garbage near my house. They also painted the walls where these garbage were piled. They took lots of photos and videos too. As I walked past them, I was smiling and thinking to myself. They are doing this for Team work whereas not even one among them will clean the toilets in their house. They would have a servant to do this. Their servant will probably be throwing their garbage in a dump similar to the one they cleaned.

It was good to read about the guy whose daughter is getting married. All the best to her.

6. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

When I saw your title, I thought you were going to teach some things which our Biology teacher forgot or missed. But oops, like Rajdhani express trundling through stations, you covered a great number of topics-from park to environment to Goddess Lakshmi. Well organized piece of writing. Thank you, Kamalji.

Agatha83

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Yes i too hope they keep her happy. Reg
    kamal

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

No individual is black or white but has many shades. You cannot hail a person as lily white on the basis of one virtue while he may have thousand faults. or condemn him on the basis of a single flaw. It is better not to judge people. but accept them as they are with all their flaws and virtues.

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

Your snippet reflected the fact that every human being is a mix of both good and bad qualities. We need to learn to see the good in each one of them and ignore the bad qualities. If we are a close friend, we have a duty to teach right living. Cutting across all the bad things that press publishes everyday, there is a lot of human nature that is demonstrated in small ways everywhere in the world but unfortunately, it never get noticed by anyone leave alone the press.

Viswa

umaakumar likes this.
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

This here had me chuckle Kamal ji. Every day as I water my plants, I do fill the bird bath - for selfish reasons! I want to attract more birds to my yard and I eternally grateful for my pond :)
    Till I saw on FB, I was not even aware that it is world environment day! A friend had posted this and it totally makes sense

Dear Sabs, Actually we do it for our own good feelimg. and plus it feels so good to see these innocent chirping birds, drinking water, bathing, and eating what ever little we give them.Bcs no one gives grains to birds in my neighbourhood, all the birds and peacocls co,e to our house, which adds lustre to our home.

HAHA

Regards

kamal

[​IMG]

We have to stop behaving like we are making all the difference to the world![/QUOTE]