October 2014 Due date club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by devikr, Jan 28, 2014.

1. happygolucky22

happygolucky22 Silver IL'ite

@ everliking : m also using pillows to support my back and walking in the evening to reduce pain and back stiffness..i am also getting messages from my husband at the end of the dayhugsmileyThis really helps with the pain. Also try not to sit or stand for a long stretch..take breaks like if you are standing take rest in between by sitting and if you are sitting for a long time get up and move for sometime. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  2. Everliking

Everliking Bronze IL'ite

@happygolucky - thanks for the suggestion dear.. even am doing the same thing... taking regular breaks during office hrs... except massage am doing everything regularly but at the end of the day still its the same...

3. saru143

saru143 New IL'ite

Hi im new here..saru..
    My due date is on 0ct 14th:) and all the best to all the to be mom's here

4. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

@saru143 - Congratulaions and welcome to the October due date club!

@Everliking - I hope you will feel better soon. Take care!

@happygolucky22 - Congratulations for passing the glucose test! That will be one big relief. You wont have to think too much about diet :) I am right now managing through diet. It is not as bad as I thought.

You have given some nice choices for diaper bag :) I havent thought about diaper bags yet. We are right now looking for car seat and cribs. For car seat, Graco or Chico would be my final choice. We also have already bought a few items for the baby - clothings, hats, socks, mittens, bath tub etc. After car seat, crib is the next thing on our list. And then diaper bag.

I am trying to put together a list of item to buy before the baby is born. If anybody have a list already, please share. It would be useful for everyone. I will share my list once I have it ready.

My updates: I am right now in my 31st week. Eagerly waiting for my next scan which is on sep 10th. I will be able to see the baby and know more about baby's growth, size etc. I developed allergic reaction to the iron supplements that I started taking to treat anemia. Allergic reaction went away as soon as I stopped the medication. My Doctor advised to take iron rich foods to treat anemia and have prescribed another brand of iron tablets. I havent started taking that yet. I am afraid if I would be allergic to that as well. Other than that, we are just counting the weeks for our baby's arrival. I am sure all of you too feel the same way :)

@reachsmith - If you dont mind, could you tell me the iron supplement brand that you had taken? I will try that too and see if it goes well with me.

5. reachsmith

reachsmith Senior IL'ite

Hi all

Hope everyone is doing good

@saru welcome to club, Enjoy your pregnancy

@sandhya good to know that your trying to manage GD with diet..

Regarding iron tablet i am taking cvs brand iron 65mg supplements, when i started this tablet i did not have any side effects, you can give it a try

Regarding baby stuff i have bought bouncer, clothing... looking into car seat and stroller these days, v will make a choice from eddie bauer or baby trend. Not yet thought abt crib, diaper bag

@sandhya can you share which brand did you buy for baby bath tub, there are so many in market i find its confusing and also crib have you shortlisted on any?

Friends in usa did you all go for hospital tour? m yet to schedule one,and anyone attending any labor and child birth class?

6. happygolucky22

happygolucky22 Silver IL'ite

Congrats and welcome saru

@sandhya: sad to know abt your allergy.. I am taking a prenatal prescribed by doc which includes 27 mg of iron as well. You can look into this option too..its name is Prenatal Plus. Its very good and i didnt have amy probs at all.. I was taking it during ttc too

yeah i went ahead and bought storksak kate diaper bag LOL.. M very excited to start using it..i am also in a process of finalising options and items before the baby arrives. Will share the list as soon as its ready.

We looked at many car seats and strollers and finally i think we will be goin with Graco click connect travel systems mostly antiquity one.other short listed options are sports and soho models in graco. We tested chicco and found the car seat to be a bit heavier. Britex agile was the one we were really keen to buy but i didnt like it much when i tested in the store. It has very less storage and also all the accessories are extra and also it toppled a bit may be that particular product was defective.

we have decided to buy pack and play which comes with a napper and changing table to be kept next to the bedside for first couple of months. The baby will also sleep with us during the nights.Newborns are too small for cribs in my opinion. then fisher price snugamonkey cradle and swing will be the next on the list to buy.

we have purchased enough cloths socks,bibs etc so clothing shopping is almost done.

Havent decided yet if we really need a baby bath tub but i liked this one in amazon.Look for "The First Year's Infant To Toddler Tub with Sling"

what are the finalized options you guys have thought of? Really time is flying so fast :)

reachsmith: i have my hospital tour scheduled in mid of sept. And I have my 2.5 days long birth classes this very weekend..so excited and looking forward to the classes with my husband. It will begin on fri evening for 2-3 hrs then entire sat plus couple of hrs on sunday. That will be all and includes everything baby, breastfeeding and labour n birth related. I will share tips here. If you haven't already, register for the hospital tour and birth classes as soon as u can as the spots fill up quickly. I registered months ago for these dates And timings.
    Which bouncer did u end up buying? Let me know too pls.

are your parents or inlaws visiting friends? My parents will be joining me soon and I am eagerly waiting for them :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  7. luckyhopes

luckyhopes Silver IL'ite

Welcome to the club saru & congratulation..

Hey all hows you doing????

I have one query regarding my due date. if any one can help..

I am currently 32+5 week & my due date is 20th October. if i calculate, i will be 41+2 weeks on my delivery date but i have heard about delivery in 9th month..

is my due date is wrong???

8. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Hi luckyhopes,

Due date is LMP + 9 months + 7 days. So its not exactly 9 months but more than that

1 person likes this.
  9. saru143

saru143 New IL'ite

thanks sandhya..hey u can take iron rich foods like spinach, raisins, lentil sprouts, peaches, soyabeans, prune juice, oats, apricots strawberries also if u like..

this is the iron supplement which i take , never faced any issue not even constipation( touchwood)--Hb safe -z

im in my 33 week now..yet to start shoppingthinkingsmiley

10. saru143

saru143 New IL'ite

@luckyhopes--thanks dear

due date - 9months +1 week dear so dont worry ..

1 person likes this.