October 2014 Due date club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by devikr, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Everliking

Everliking Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends, Hope everyone has started enjoying your babies kicks....

My update : had Anomaly scan and everything was fine and normal.. gained 3.5 kgs... got confused with the gender as on 19th week scan doc said its a boy but on yesterday's scan they said it's a girl... so we are still waiting for the 32 week scan to get it confirmed again.... Next week doc asked me to do a blood test to test the sugar, hp and blood platelets...

@Sandhya - its very hard to sleep on sides speacially for me sleeping at my left looks like a nightmare as for the past 3 weeks my tummy is paining while sleeping on that side .. even i tried using the body pillow (which i started using from 3rd month onwards) but no use :( am absolutely fine sleeping on my right side... my mom and even doc has adviced me that while changing sides they asked me to get up sit and then turn to the other side.. But i dont understand the logic behind it...
    my tummy was visible since the end of 5th month until then it was flat & none of my colleagues know that am pregnant..

@ Joicy - even my due date is on 13th Oct and its nice to hear that you are going to your mom's place surely they will pamper you......

@ Vidhya - its nice to hear about your baby shower.... enjoy the grand day......
    Living in abroad, I miss most of the things back home specially 3rd, 5th and 7th month baby shower's (poo mudippu & Valaikappu) though my mom will join me here only in August :(

@reachsmith - even i haven't started doing any exercise or yoga till now.. but i use to go for a walking in the evening before dinner...

Stay healthy and enjoy your Pregnancy

2. Vidhyadev

Vidhyadev Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everliking..

They ask you to get up and then turn while turning from one side to other because baby's umbilical cord might go around its neck if you turn directly.. this is what my mom and grandma said to me

1 person likes this.
  3. happygolucky22

happygolucky22 Silver IL'ite

So good to see some activity in this thread otherwise I was too bored to even check it.
    I also had my anamoly scan on 11th june and things came out perfectly normal. I am still walking 3 kms a day and its helping me to avoid some pregnancy discomforts. I too had heartburn for couple of days but now its normal. Sleeping on sides is also becoming like a chore LOL...not sure how it will be towards the end of pregnancy...definately very uncomfortable. I too have a small tummy now and people can make out I am pregnant. We have finalised the name for our baby too couple of weeks back and now we talk between the two of us using the new name..its so much fun and i think it helped to make a deeper bond with the baby too..otherwise we used to call the baby before knowing the gender as matar which means pea...:rotfl

Have you guys finalized the name as well? What do you call your baby....would be interesting to know.
    take care all of you and keep in touch bie1

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  4. luckyhopes

luckyhopes Silver IL'ite

Good to see this thread is again active:)....Hope everyone are enjoying their pregnancy

My Update: I am scheduled to have anomaly scan on this Saturday..I enjoy my baby kicks now a days..i too feel very uncomfortable sleeping on my sides but have no option..

Will update about the scan on Monday.. Keep me in your prayers..

Luckyhopes

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  5. Vidhyadev

Vidhyadev Bronze IL'ite

I too have anomaly scan on Saturday..

6. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends, it is nice to hear from you all. I went for the follow up scan yesterday and my baby's kidneys look normal now. Everything else is perfect too. We also came to know the baby's gender. I am ecstatic :party

@luckyhopes, Vidhyadev - All the best for your scan!! :thumbsup

@reachsmith, Everliking, happygolucky22 - Great to hear that your anomaly scan went well! Congrats!! friendssmiley

@happygolucky22 - Yes, we have finalized our baby name. Infact yesterday DH ordered the first items for our baby - personalized baby hat with baby's first name, a designer hat and a croche hat :)
    We are calling our baby by a lot of nicknames in our mother toungue (which translates to sweety, honey, apple of our eyes and so on) as well as by our baby's first name.. LOL..

@JustLikeYou - Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to october Due date club!! Yeah, it is unbeleivable that we all have already crossed half way through. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. reachsmith

reachsmith Senior IL'ite

Hi all, nice to see updates from you all...
    @ everliking, happy go lucky good to know your anomaly scan went well....

@sandhya great to hear your baby's kidney are normal, hope now you are relieved and you can enjoy your pregnancy

@vidhya, luckyhopes good luck for your scans, give an update on how it went on...

@sandhya, happy go lucky - you guys already finalized on names, both of you are a way too fast, me and DH still hunting for names thinkingsmiley daily we find some new names either i like few or DH like few still not come with a name which we both like

@sandhya- how are you feeling now after using the body pillow? did you like it? is it comfortable?

When are your next scan? i was asked to come for a scan after 10 weeks that is i will be 30 weeks then? isn't it too far... until then will v not get a chance to see the baby and update about baby weight and growth? :roll:

What about injections? Friends in USA- have any of you got any injections by now? i haven't got any till now, i am thinking of asking about this in my next appointment..

Friends what all tablets are you taking now? anyone taking DHA supplements? i am just taking prenatals and iron, B12 as i was deficient

8. Vidhyadev

Vidhyadev Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I had my anomaly scan Today and Doc said everything is fine.. This time baby might have been sleeping as in weekdays i use to sleep during that time so it was not that much active.. so i missed to see those active movements that i saw in the 3rd month. but all organs are good and grown well..

In India baby's gender is not said so i was not able to know the gender..

9. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

@reachsmith - yeah, I am very much relieved now. I was staying very positive that baby's kidneys will get back to normal and I am so happy that it did :)
    Body pillow is very very supportive. I cannot manage without that. And dont worry about not finalizing the name yet. You still have lots of time :)
    My next scan is after 12 weeks and I will be 33 weeks by then. I guess thats how they do it here in US. And I am not sure what you mean by injections. Do you mean vaccines? I didnt get any. About supplements, I used to take prenatal vitamins when I was having really bad morning sickness and now I am not so regular in taking that. I think most prenatals contain iron and B12; hence you may not need separate tablets for iron and B12. Double check that and then decide accordingly. Take care!!

@Vidhyadev - Congratulations that your anomaly scan went well!!

10. luckyhopes

luckyhopes Silver IL'ite

My Update:

Had my anomaly scan Saturday where radiologist inform me that i have low lying placenta..she advice me not to lift heavy weight and my regular doctor would monitor it..i am really start worrying if this lower lying placenta is gonna reduce my chance for Normal delivery..please ladies share your thoughts about it..

Vidhyadev: Congrats dear. your scan went well:rotfl

@Sandhya: Good to hear about your baby's well-being.