1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Obama-Modi Summit

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dsmenon. Glad that you liked it. Will try my best to constantly improve.

2. Akanksha1982

Kamla Mam, I am feeling afraid of you now. You are able to precisely read my mind and my thinking.

More than the snippets, i love the way you beautifully and aptly summarize the snippets. It is always an honor and pleasure to receive such wonderful feedback from you. My curiosity makes my mind wonder around putting myself in different shoes and seeing the world from that position. I also keep on learning from the feedbacks and other snippets.

Thank you Mam for your kind words. Hope to live up to the expectations of everyone.

1 person likes this.
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Oh Akanksha, you have said a lot of nice things. I felt elated reading it and hope I am worthy of it even by a fraction! Thank you!

If your intentions are placed right, you will always produce great writings. We have seen many writers grow and blossom and you certainly seem to be one of them!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

That made a funny read Akansha! Enjoyed it what with havans, mann ki baaths, sarees and what not! I guess that is what they speak with one another. I always wonder as to what would anyone to talk to a celebrity if we ran into one, forget about two of them together. I did have a chance to meet, well actually have breakfast with someone really really big (no no I am not showing off) but all I could murmur was "How are you" - there was absolutely nothing in common, nothing other than we were Indians together in a foreign land! But then, I was way too young then and I did not have a friend like you with such a fertile imaginary mind. Now all I can say is , "Come on powerful/celebrity people, let's have a talk" What say? But as you know, I am still waiting.....

1 person likes this.
  5. Akanksha1982

Thanks @Srama. I also had the same issue. I met two celebrities backstage during their performance. I was short of words. It must be tough for these leaders (born in different countries, with different interests) to break the ice and talk with each other. Most of the bilateral and global issues are deliberated and the respective positions are determined by the MEA of both countries. The leaders most likely will not deviate from the stated position and would have expressed their opinions during the drafting of the process anyway. Even the joint statement and subsequent press conference statements are viewed by each other's MEA. So I always wondered what do they really talk in private?

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    Superb blog enjoyed to the hilt....

1 person likes this.
  7. thinkpad

thinkpad Bronze IL'ite

Nice one Akansha...Missed it reading before. realized when some one refereed in finest post. You have good potential to become writer....Wish you good luck...

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  8. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Very Very high quality. Water for the toilets for the next elections? wow! You are a thinker. Though it sounds funny I can see you have a very keen eye for details. Admirable and gifted. Keep on writing. You have the potential to succeed in a writing career.

Good luck!

9. Akanksha1982

Thanks Steve. Yeah i was surprised when i heard about the plan of building toilets. I always thought where is the water going to come from? I never go to public toilets in India as i have never found water and it stinks. I take care of myself whenever i am in India - not eat on streets (however much i like to eat out), go to good restaurants, and stay in good hotels.