1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Now, It's Time For a Walk on the Banks of Vaigai!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

What is the world coming to

Can't help pitching in. Sridhar Just read your reply to Varloo about the current dress sense of girls ( mostly adolescents). But here in the US its even worse. The age to expose is starting much earlier. The way some 10 yrs old dress, gosh, i blush with shame when i see them.
    Like said What is the world coming to.....

Vandhana

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A Sad State, Vandhana!

I think girls and women dressing to expose themselves, to attract attention suffer from a strange psychological disease. That is a deadly mixture of acute inferiority complex, attention craving syndrome and badly thwarted sexual desires.
    Contrary to what most girls think a beautifully dressed woman, fully covered, is a sure turn on.
    I have depicted this scene in one of my serials. In the film Uthamaputhiran, Shivaji and Padmini's duet song, mullai malar mele, will be on a boat. They will be sitting opposite to each other at a distance of about four feet. Both will be fully dressed. But the expression in their eyes will be full of love. The song was such a turn on those days (50s, aeons before I was even born). Compared to that half-clad women, breast-exposing dancers, obscene gyrations seem to feed only to the harmones and not to the heart.
    sridhar

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I too remember the story, now that you mention it. History tells us that man learned to cover himself with leaves and the hide of animals. And being civil is being dressed properly. But now being civil is being not dressed. I am sure that only when something is covered, the onlooker is curios.
    I would tell you, even Chennai is becoming like that. Even middle aged women are switching over to very indecent dresses.

4. varalotti

Next Thread Posted!

Dear ILites,
    After warning bells, comparisons and all, it is time now to listen to a profound prayer. I have posted the thread for this Saturday.
    The thread is waiting for your presence and comments.
    regards,
    Varalotti

5. star83

star83 Senior IL'ite

Sir,

These tow incidents Vai Kai and Helicopter were told by my granny when i was small girl.

Thanks for sharing

Sugi

6. varalotti

Sugi,
    How can a Maduraiite ever forget these incidents. If I remember right the helicopter incident happened in 1973, 37 years ago.
    sridhar