1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

novice books --

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by monlisa, Sep 27, 2007.

1. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I am not a book reader or lover….never read any books..I know books are very good source of knowledge …my main concern is communication skills….i am poor in communicating and can not express my feelings correctly…..I know the advantages of book reading….and now I want to fallow this good habit … I am novice in selecting books….pls suggest me some books which are interesting to read and as well as they will improve my communication …and want to specify my interests…I read one book long back which is toooooo good….i.e., ‘you can win’ …and I am interested in personality development and investment books….gals suggest me books those fit in to my criteria…and any other books which are good for a novice are welcome….

Thanks
    mona

2. pia123

pia123 New IL'ite

Hi MonLisa
    I am in the exact same boat as you are. I am trying hard to create an interest in me to read books. My areas of interests are spirituality (beginnner), parenting, and personality development ( anything to do with finding who I am, what I want, and how to go about achieving my goals). I am also very much interested in improving my communication skills . So If you are interested , then I have a suggestion, why don't we start a book club . Lets decide on a book, then find out wheher we can get it from our local library , start reading few pages at a time and then we discuss about it. what do you say??? up for deal:2thumbsup: Let me know.
    regards
    pia

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

You could try Dale Carneige's book series.
    you will also love stephen covey's book series

4. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

hey pia,

Looks like it is a done deal...lets start this as soon as possible .....come up with any good book..lets share our thoughts....looking forward to your reply.

Thanks
    Mona

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  5. pia123

pia123 New IL'ite

Hi Mona
    Srry to get backto you so late. I was checking on this for 2-3 days and as u did not reply, I thought may be you are not for this anymore and did not open this forum after that Happy to know that we have a deal. Lets start some thing on spiritual/Personal Development theme. I would like to suggest one of Wayne Dwyer's. How about this??
    Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life - Dr. Wayne W. Dyer | Hardcover.
    Luckily I found this in my library catalog and had placed a request. check whether u can find it as well, if not we will look for another one.

Good Luck :thumbsup
    Pia

6. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

Hi Pia..thanks for the reply and sorry even i could not reach you sooner....I never heard about this book and have no idea but name looks interesting will statrt with this ...first i will check this in my local library...and i will let you know...

catch you tomorrow:thumbsup
    Mona

7. pia123

pia123 New IL'ite

alright Mona, hope you get the book from the lib.
    Best of Luck
    pia

8. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

Hi Pia,

Unfortunately I coud not find that book...I bought another one 'FIRST THINGS FIRST' by stephen covey....I will start this from tomorrow...and u can continue with that......lets share our thoughts on both books..we get a idea..and continue to read....

good luck:thumbsup

9. pia123

pia123 New IL'ite

Ok Mona, but I did not get my book yet. I did not get called by my library as well. Matter of fact, I am too busy with Navratri celebrations. so I might start my book, only next week. Unitl then, If you have started we can share your book and thoughts.
    bye now'
    pia

10. monlisa

monlisa Senior IL'ite

Hey pia,

Its ok..even i havnt started yet..i am inserch of a new job so no time for reading right now but if get a chance ..will sure start