1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nothing’s private nowadays!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jun 25, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hello All!
    I remember, when I was three years, we were the only family to own a telephone in our area. At times, my father would wake up in the wee hours of night to call a neighbor as there was some news from his distant relatives. This is still acceptable but many a times we would get requests to call some dhobi, some vegetable vender or bakerywalla too and we didn’t even know who these people were. It was really very funny.
    That was the time when we used to go to mama’s (maternal uncle) house to spend vacations and my father’s sister’s kids would come to our place. The emphasis was on personal relations. We used to have private ceremonies where friends and relatives were invited. They would come personally to bless and gifts were brought along. There used to be a few things which remained within the four walls of the immediate family. Intrusion of outsiders was not allowed.
    Things have changed drastically in last ten years. Now everybody has a mobile phone thus accessible 24*7, 365. We don’t think twice before buzzing (and bugging) somebody, if this is proper time to call or not. We feel we are at liberty to call the person when WE are free. We talk at home, in office, in malls, in hospitals, in cinema halls and even in crematoriums and graveyards. I feel we are invading the privacy and peace of those who we call “Rest in Peace”.
    One day my brother told me that he was attending a funeral. There was a person, he was so cheap (this is what I can call him), that he was continuously talking on his mobile phone, right from the moment the funeral procession started till the body was cremated and they all came out. He was loud and was giving running commentary. He told somebody to make all arrangements ready for the party he was to attend after this funeral, right inside crematorium. I wonder, how can somebody be so ruthless?
    There’s one more class! They love to tell the whole world about their private affairs, money matters and even broken relations. They are a chalta-firta ( Walking) radio station. Earlier it used to be “Akaashwaani” but nowadays, it’s “Paatalwaani”, I believe. Because such people talk only crap!
    The funniest case is of our addicts to social networking sites. I’ve experienced, there are a few people who are so addicted to micro-blogging sites that the first thing they do in the morning is to update their status. Then they write; “Now off to attend nature’s call”! Yuk, so dirty, so nauseating. Why can’t such people keep a few things to themselves? The whole world rejoices to know who’s going with whom, who broke off and who’s sleeping with the enemy. Wow, what a nice way to invite tensions, blackmailing and letting people know about the minutest details as when you had your food, when burped and when you…..! Hahaha. That day I read in a news paper that a sultry female from our own country has been banned from a micro-blogging site for uploading her objectionable snaps on it; making every pair of eye balls protrude in full public view!
    Change is the only constant thing to happen on this earth. Now, everybody on net comes to know about birthday and other relevant days, we send e-rakhi to brothers, e-cards n e-gifts on birthdays; even there are e-darshans and e-aartis, how funny know? So friends, get set to witness a glimpse of more private stuff publically and be ready to handle a few pairs of eyes ogling at your private lives!
    Regs J

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu

So true . Some people dont know how to use the mobile phones and what to talk when. I felt very happy when you called me the other day. You made my day.

love
    viji

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

thanks viji mom for your fb.i was also very happy to talk to you.your voice was as loving as your fbs.you too made my day!regs-anu:)

4. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Yeah v true, now with the advent of new technology, people are losing the basic manners and ettiquette and dont know what to do when.

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear contented! first of all i apologise for my late reply.thanks dear for your feedback.yes, i also feel the same.we must learn to respect everybody's privacy and at the same time keep a few things to ourselves.cheers-anu:)