1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Not my piece of cake!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sumykm, Mar 25, 2009.

1. sumykm

sumykm New IL'ite

Having reached the end of the academic year, my children’s class teacher had sent a note in their calendar last week stating that they need to come in full uniform as they are going to have a photo session..Gr8. My hats off to the photographer who is bestowed with this himalayan task:hatsoff. It takes me lot of time and patience to take a picture of my kids sitting in one place asking them to smile and say cheese!!! When my son is ready, my daughter will turn towards him or in some other direction..or will be admiring her dress..Or when my daughter is ready with her beautiful smile, my son will not be in the mood, he will run away from the place or he will become so conscious that he will cover his face or make faces at me…Ahhhh!!! ..Finally the photo came yesterday...I was earnestly looking out for my daughter and son in the group photo. My daughter is fine, she was in her usual smile ..a big cheese…and what about my son…Ah! My son was also having a big cheese smile but he was looking at his neighbour to check whether he is wearing his cheese smile on his face…Side view photo of my son!!! Gr8..Better than nothing……

I was curious to know their names..As usual my daughter with her big mouth went on “this is Karen, Hamsa….”..I wanted my son to say couple of names… He goes “L Gautham, Akash…”..I suddenly realized he says only guy’s name…I interrupted:idea..”What is this girls name?..” There he goes..”I don’t know any girls name..Girls are not my friends…I will not talk to them… I talk to only boys…Akash, SomGovind, Rohit.” with a frown on his face….My daughter adds “He will not talk to girls…No girl friends for Monu..I’ll talk to all boys”..Ahh!!! …
    May be he got sick and tired and frustrated with his experiences with his sister and mother ;-)…Girls are too hard to handle…”Girls are bad..”..”Boys are good..” He goes on …I correct him “No No..Girls are good..Boys bad…G for good B for bad”..He gets irritated…He gets the company of my hubby “Look Accha..Boys are good..Girls are bad…”…My hubby will join him…”yeah, yeah…”…shakehead…

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Sumy

Another good blog from you. Your Monu is like my son Keerthi - who says dealing with girls is a tough job (remember he is in UKG). he also adds, girls will be friendly until their job is done, after wards they will fly. He always says girls are very bad.

I enjoyed your blog and I will tell this to my son during the bed time stories.

andal

3. sumykm

sumykm New IL'ite

Andal,

Monu is in LKG...Hugs to Keerthi...The words from their sweet mouth will fill our hearts...nice comments they make about opposite sex, right....
    our story has become bed time story for keerthi..Very happy and nice to hear that....
    Sumy

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hey sumi.
    monu nad keerthi reminded me a lot of my brother and me...i can very well imagine him sideways in the class pic:)
    and such firm opinions both of them have re the opposite sex...haha ,.enjoy every stage of theirs..they grow up too fast..
    and a tip..ask them to write the names of all their classmates in the picture behind the picture and preserve it for them..they will enjoy it a lot later

love
    Mindi

5. S Priya

S Priya Senior IL'ite

Dear Sumykm,

I thought my daughter will grow up and be a Tom boy but no i was wrong, she also has girl friends too, it was yesterday she made me get embrassed when i went to pick her i was getting the vehicle started and she was like ma see bumsey(boy) is winking at me i was shocked did not know hw to react and there were other parents too looking at us.

6. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

Nice one Sumy. I have no idea how kids understand the gender difference. My son would easily identify who is a girl and who is a boy even before he was two, and I never taught him any trick. I have been there in the photo session so many times and can never be happier for the digi cam invention. children are amazing, aren't they ?

7. infinitehopes

infinitehopes Bronze IL'ite

Hey Sumy,
    Your blog is really nice and the Calvin and Hobbs strip is cherry on top!

8. sumykm

sumykm New IL'ite

Dear Mindi,
    Thanks for the tip, infact a good idea. Definitely writing their names behind the picture!!! Of course, they will enjoy it after many years.....
    Sumy

9. sumykm

sumykm New IL'ite

Hi Priya ,
    I've gone through this shock 100 and 1 times. They embrass us right in front of the whole crowd.. drives me nuts.
    Sumy

10. sumykm

sumykm New IL'ite

Hi gayu_r ,
    Kids are more natural in their behaviors. They are unadulterated.
    Hats off to the digi cam inventor !!! Infact, my daughter has this thumb sucking habit..When she was in playschool, they took so many pictures..She refused to remove it from her mouth and it seems they edited her photo alone with some other hands…so that she looks as if she is not sitting in that thumb sucking posture…It was more realistic to see…Sumy