1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

NorthEast! How is the snow storm?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sunitha, Feb 6, 2010.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

We are having about 8-10 inches of snow in our place.Snow started yesterday morning at 10 am and it is still snowing today.

Had a tense time yesterday since my son had gone to school and the snow was falling very heavily and the school declared early dismissal only at 12.45. and it was going to close at 1.15 p.m. Till then ,I was glued to the T.V. waiting for some news on his school closure.My little one was sleeping at that time,woke him up,dressed him up quickly and rushed out.The roads were messy and I could drive only at 15-20mph,skid once or twice even at that speed.Luckily his school is very nearby.I could heave a sigh of relief only after we reached home safely.

This is our second such snow storm since coming to Ohio.The first one in 2008 was much worse-about a feet of snow.

Heard that Washington D.C is getting about 2 feet of snow this time.How is it in Philly?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Well, we are snowed in alright!:roll:

The thing about snow is, it always looks so lovely, cozy and beautiful from indoors. Right now, it is all virgin snow : white, clean, soft and smothering!! But don't we all know how this picture can change rapidly. Soon, it will all be grey, brown and dirty and wet !!!

Now, the hunt to find someone to clean begins. Even the township has not cleaned the roads around my place. So there is no way that anyone can even approach our house to clean. Prediction is that it will keep snowing till late this evening! So, let's see how and when we will find someone to clean. I don't want hubby to flex his muscles this time, just too much! And I am not willing to stretch mine either even to help him! :hide:

More snow is expected on Wednesday it seems...Hmmmmm....

Never a moment for boredom!

L, Kamla

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

We are having a beautiful mild (about 30F) sunny/overcast day today up here in the western CatSkIlls. No wind. Clear roads. Nice day.

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Kamla,so true,it only looks beautiful.When you have to do all the work,it is tough.
    Just finished shoveling all the snow-hubby and myself-took us about 2 hours.Yesterday too,it took us about 1 1/2 hrs.Nice workout! A neighbor who had a snow blower helped us too!

Tashi,where are you,in NY..looks like not much snow in your place.

5. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Sunitha and Kamla,

Oh.. snow snow everywhere. Still snow coming down steadily. We are having 23-25 inches here.
    As you said... nice to see it from indoors !! Enjoying it now !

6. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi friends

here in New Jersey although 1 feet snow was predicted ystdy night, but as of now no snow at all. we went to swim class, and came back, although it is little colder but no snow.:)

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Sunitha:
    I live in Delhi, NY. It is in the western end of the CatSkill Mountain range.

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Loving it !! its around 10-12inches and it has stopped. Nice day :)

9. ish333

ish333 Senior IL'ite

Awesome!!!Here it is about 2 feet!:).Yes!!! i love the presence of fresh snow covered all over my place. Our neighbour's car got totally submerged in snow, he first taught that it got towed and then later found it :rotfl.

Am going to prepare some nice lunch and enjoy the freaking snow.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  10. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Sunitha,

Snow from yesterday morning!!!!oh..tat must be scary to drive in such a condition right???Good you managed it...I can't imagine driving in that road...:)..How are you and kids???Its been long time....

Snow STORM...snow STORM.....storm really ...here abt 2 feet now...Snow started yesterday night heavily and stopped today morning...just seeing white all over outside....my DS want to play...for now we let him play and clean the balcony all covered with snow.....

Being indoor, love to have some hot chocolate and hot dishes...hmm..

Have a safe weekend everyone!!!

Deepa