Non-Vegeterians are Sinners??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ValuableTime, Jun 19, 2009.

1. NandiniGG

NandiniGG Silver IL'ite

i would advice you all..please go to the nearest public library and watch the mvie "fast food nation".It is available in most libraries in US.
    In that movie they have shown how not just cows but humans who are poor and most of them are illegal immigrants are exploited in the butcher houses in America.Thye have shown the whole perocess of making meat.Because most of them are illegally staying here...so it never comes to the records.They have made that movie on popular fast food restaurants.

Another thing....someone said killing cockroaches with a spray is also sin.yes it is.
    i got married and came to a jain family.In starting i used to feel weird like their guru cover their mouth with a cloth,,,don't wear chappals...keep temples and house extra clean.But now even i feel that they were right.
    They said we don't have any right to kill any animal in any condition thats why they keep their houses so clean that no life,,parasites can exist so that they will not have to kill them.I am not able to follow this completely but i also try to do the same.
    Even then if they exist in my house..If i can I don't kill them i just pick them up in a bag and throw them in the plants.
    I know there is no limit to restrictions ..but we can at least avoid.This is what we can do.Nobody can be perfect in this but we can avoid the most we can.Obviously if there is a snake in your house..you will try to kill it to save yourself.But in this you have some excuse of self defence or survival (not to your frnz who make fun of you but to the God) other than your mere pleasure.In most of the cases we just kill them because of the fear as soon as we see them.
    But we can not just lose our self control like anything and keep exploiting animals for our tastebuds for any reason ,any explanation.

We are definitely the part of ecological cycle..but we are human...we are the highest species on the planet..we have responsibilities towards the nature being most powerful and intelligent..Just suppose what if we were not and we were treated by some higher species the same way we treat animals for leather,meat etc.Isn't it so scary.

I would request all of you please watch that movie.

I respect people choices..i have a lot of non veg eaters friends also.But everything for a reason and in limit is good.
    As far as making fun is concern...we are vegeterians and some people make fun of us also...that we are not able to adjust...how can we survive etc.most of them are Indians who eat non veg.
    For protein i have at least 10 different type of lentils in my home.For iron....we eat a lot of greens.We eat beans,chickpeas,fruits,,lot of veggies.
    We eat a lot of chapatis than rice.We are pure vegeterian and we don't have any deficiency.We are fit and active than any non veggie eater.Touchwood!!
    I am proud to say that i am a pure vegeterian.I try to do the most i can to save those lives and not to hurt them in any way.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  2. ShardaSuresh

ShardaSuresh Bronze IL'ite

I agree with ASG, Just as there are labels for organic food and make up (That claim no animal testing was done), we need a standard that evaluates the meat industry.

3. aparajithaa

aparajithaa Bronze IL'ite

i have friends who eat non-veg
    and its just the culture they are brought up they eat or not
    what is the big deal about it
    i dont find it as a sin and all

but one thing what non-vegetarians must take care is
    the smell that comes while cooking it may be disturbing for vegetarians and
    then few vegetarians find it difficult eating along with non-vegetarian friends while they are eating non-veg

if they have some understanding here nothing will be a big deal..

4. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Very interesting replies and informative ones also especially by nandu. I am a vegetarian by birth and by choice. However I have no feelings of allergy/sickness or whatsover if someone eats non veg sitting near me, as I had a friend right from my kintergarden , who used to bring fish in her lunch box :!:. But now I find a different type of allergy , which my daughter faces in her school in India. Her class mates ridicule her for being a vegetarian . :shock:

On the other side I find people who were raised up as non vegetarians and settled abroad , on their own will and wish convert to vegetarianism, which is definetely to be appreciated.:cheers. Why I specifically mention , is that they are used to the taste of the items and then out of conviction for the cause, they have given it up , which is really commendable.:thumbsup

5. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

After reading through the thread completely, I want to pour in my thoughts too.

Someone has mentioned sarcastically that how come ppl find so much time. Nobody is whiling away their time here, they just want to share their opinion on this topic which wouldn't take more time (which is worth more than spending time infront of TV, gossiping, etc). I found this thread so informative and interesting and amazed by the inputs provided by some of them (Nandhu, Vs2k, ASg, mlk, to name a few).

Being a non-veggie, lately thinking of quitting it. I am not sure if it is possible or not, but I definitely want to give it a try, now after reading this thread, I am seriously thinking on that.

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

I like that :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

(No, no pressure at all ;-) :mrgreen:)

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Wow Anabika , it will be really great if you are able to quit it, I tried quitting about 3years back and came back to non vegetarian after 3months.That was the maximum I was able to hold on as a complete veggie:hide:

8. thozhi4u

thozhi4u New IL'ite

First i have a question for your "Vegetarian Friends"...
    If they consider killing and consuming animals are sinners, then what do they call killing someones heart with their so called "we are vegetarians and holy people" attitude. I will say they are the actual sinners in GOD's list .
    Everybody has a free heart to accept and live their life in this world.Some people think god has made everything in this world for humans and they enjoy it and in their perpective eating non-veg is one among them.And there is nothing crime or sin in it.
    We are all different and have our own choice . And critizing other people's choice is the atmost sin i consider and differentiating them is the inhuman nature.
    Neglect their attitude and change the topic when they pull this topic next time and enjoy all good things in life.

9. npv114

npv114 New IL'ite

Most of the time it is a matter of "Being used to it"..Old habits die hard...Unkowingly one of my chinese freind fed me a "frog" saying it is chicken..After I said it tastes good...she said it is frog not chicken......Witsend...I almost threw up..It's as much as ur fellin...

10. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

VT,

So you seem to be having a good time here.

I have a pet dog(Bruno). And its purely Vegetarian. And my pet's doc has said that he is perfectly healthy and an example to other Vegetarian families who want to raise dogs.

So, even animals can change their eating habbits; It just depends on the lifestyle and culture amidst which u r raised!

These days even Brahmins have started eating non-neg; And on the other hand I have Muslim friends who are turning Veggie by choice.

-Aru