1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Non Stop Cry .... colic?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sumanr, Dec 21, 2009.

1. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

LO has been having watery stools since day1. I figured out that it was ok. Initially, she also used to cry, wriggle and strain while passing stools. That also slowly went away.
    For the past 3 days, she has been crying non stop for 1-2 hours 2-3 times a day ... looks a lot like colic and this happens when she tries to poop. This tires her and she refuses to feed and falls asleep.

The colic drops do not work. I feel totally helpless in waiting for her to cry out :((
    Planning to go to Doc tomorrow

2. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My LO is less than a month old. He is crying cont for long hours. Dont know the reason. I am not sure whether it is colic. I am trying out all home remedies, but doesn't seems to work out. He didn't slept for the whole of yesterday night and the same is cont today. Dont know what to do.

Padminiramesh

3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi
    COming to this thread after a long time.
    DD was better for almost a month and then this has started again.
    She cries uncontrollably for the past 2 days. It is like colic, but more severe. It takes 1-2 hours for her to settle down.
    I thought colic will not cme after 8 weeks. DD is 3.5 months old. What could it be.
    Note: Her stools are normal (watery fro day1, but she does it without any strain/pain). But when she cries, I notice that there will be very little poo in her diaper. What could be causing her irritation. Colimex does not seem to help.

4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Padmini,

Have your tried swaddling? In the initial days swaddling helps :thumbsup I did it for DD too. Here's a link which will help you

Swaddling Your Baby

Also a sponge bath/ hot wipe would help if done at nights. Keep any one time. I did give DD hot wipes @ 8.30 pm daily.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

My friend successfully used the following for calming her constantly crying colic-y son:
    She would run the hair dryer constantly during his crying spells until he fell asleep. She said she burned out a couple hair dryers over several months but it worked. Something with that type of constant noise would put him to sleep. Hope it works for you.

6. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

How is she today? Warm wash cloth massages on tummy doesnt help is it? She doesnt stop crying when you put her on tummy? Do some circle movements with your warm hands, like ILU :) As if you write an I on her tummy with your whole hands, then an inverted L, then inverted U. Repeat this 5-6 times. How about cycling? If DS cries non-stop for more than 1hr, I do give little warm water, after his 3months. He cried like that in Cbe once, I gave him warm water, burped him in my shoulders, high there, pressing his tummy. He was better. Hugs :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Tried everything without success, Pon.
    She was a little bad today afternoon also.
    I am wondering if it is something in my food :((

8. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Ramya, If you are sure that its not because of any other external factors like - new place, getting disturbed in sleep coz of noise and getting over tired later, dress, bedding, new people, etc etc, if you can zero in 100% that its colic, if this continues for more than 3-4days, visit your paed.

9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

I think Pon has a point... you posted that a lot of people are handling her right. It could easily be that. Tina also has a point, any kind of white noise should help the child with falling asleep.

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

poor LO :(, sending strength your way mommie!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010