1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Non performers have a more fertile imagination!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Subbu
    Every generation finds the tales of its previous generation interesting and at times unbelievable too! I used to hear stories of my grand father's days with open mouth! As there is a slow erosion in our values over generations, the stories of yore will always be fascinating!
    Sri

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri sir,

There is a story in Mahabaratha, where Duryodana and Yudishtra will be asked to find good and bad people. Duryodhana was asked to find good people and Yudishtra was asked to find bad people.

Both of them were unable to find. I am not telling you that I am yudishtra or a highly truthful person. But I prefer to think all people in a good sense. And of course my MIL was totally different from all MILs being portrayed. It is not that we dont have misunderstandings, we too had. But I just followed one particular thing my husband told me after our engagement.

I am giving it in his own words, "Unakkum enga ammakkum, adavadhu unnoda mamiyarukkum kandipa misunderstandings varum, aana adha perisakkarathuku munnadi, adha oru complainta en kitta solrathuku munnadi oru nimisham yosichu paaru, un mamiyar sonna andha varthaya un amma solli irunda nee eppadi eduthupe? So dont make things bigger."

I understood what he is expecting from me. And from then on though we had misunderstandings me and my mil we just were like mom and daughter fighting for silly things, laughing and sharing what we see and what we read. She will choose dress for me and I will for her. We were a good MIL and DIL pair. But I think God felt that I am being so over lucky and so he seized her away from me. She was with me just for 3 years. Those three years were real great years in my life as she made me understand each and everyone in our family. Though she is not alive today, we especially me remeber her and associate her with each and every activity of day to day life.

Infact my daughter was born just after 4 months of my MIL's death and I see her as the rebirth of my MIL.

Thanks Sri sir, for bringing back all good memories of my MIL.

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Yes Sri sir,

The tales of yesteryears have always fascinated me and I would like to live in those yesteryears. But lo it is not possible.

4. Cheeniya

Dear Rajmi
    It is so nice to hear someone say such nice things about her MIL.
    I am sure that such stories of warm relationship between MIL and DIL are there everywhere but only bad experiences are shared here! My mother has been staying with me for the last 42 years and she and my wife are more like mother and daughter. My mother is in her mid-nineties and is a very contented woman thanks to her daughter in law.
    There will always be an initial period of tussle between MIL and DIL and it will settle down if they are left alone . But once the initial hurdle is crossed, life could be very smooth for both but the problem is that interference from others just fans up the problem further
    sri

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    I am going back to your leader post, now, after the "straying" (digression?) in the past 2, 3 posts.
    You write that your language has changed over the years with age, rather mellowed. But has your tolerance level to non performers increased? I do not think so, since it is one's basic nature.
    Cooking up reasons for non performance is an art ! You friend is an expert at it, rather was an expert in his corporate days. I do not mean about his performance in his office work (that was not my concern, only his boss's), I mean his keeping up his promises in the domestic front, after returning from office. For attending a family function as late comers, he would flash a smile & get away with a nice conversation; I had to think of a suitable reason to offer in the function to the hosts, without mentioning the same old story that he returned late (as usual) from office. I really was imaginative to defend him, more choicelessly, even though I would "take it out" on him later at home.
    So, for his non performance, I had to match with my fertile imagination !
    I perfected the art of defending V in the eyes of others - what else could I have done? It was my wifely duty to "protect" him !
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitraji,

Not just you but all wives often have to start on their imaginative skills to say why their husband is not on time for the functions be is as a guest or as a host. I personally have been into such a situation many a times in this 10 years. And you know what at times he will blurt out some reason for not coming on time which will contradict my statement and I have to bite my lips and bow my head.:bangcomp: :bangcomp: :bangcomp: :bangcomp:

7. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    Well known personalities enjoy something similar to 'poetic license'! If you are married to one, the onus of having to offer an explanation for his non-appearance or late arrival at public and other domestic functions is entirely on you. If he comes at all even to take you back home, the hosts should feel elated! Such is their stature! Dont equate celebrities with the mundane!
    I have known Vish for years and he was a very important cog in the TVS wheel. As a responsible cog, I can understand his priorities. He would rather come late for some ear-boring ceremony than missing an important negotiation with the labour union. Secondly, like me, he might be allergic to the crying of the child whose ears might be in the process of getting poked!
    As his dharma pathni, it is your duty to step in and make up for his absence or delayed presence. Managing a celebrity particularly if he is your husband has its price to pay! Do it gladly!
    Sri

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  8. Cheeniya

Dear Rajmi
    Dont forget that all that imaginative skill has now made you a sought after person in IL. Be thankful to your husband if everyone reads your posts avidly! But for the opportunities that he provided to you to hone up your literary and imaginative skills, where would you be in IL?:mrgreen:
    Sri

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Enna irundalum Vish thane ungal nanbar? Nan co-I L ite thane?
    Ithai, ithai, ithai than nan edirparthen !
    Inam inathodu thane ayya serum? !:evil:
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Cheeniya

Chithra avargale
    Onru sonnalum nanru sonneergal!:mrgreen:
    Sri