1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

noisiest place in the www.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Mar 12, 2008.

1. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi srini ma'am

love this topic....
    back when i was in malaysia...it was my room that was the noisiest...
    "and why is that?" i hear you ask?
    it's because in my room the radio will blaring on nearly 24/7...
    i even used to get scoldings from my dad for having the volume on too high
    based on my dad's standards of normal volume = extremely low volume in mine...
    but what can i say...im a typical teenager na....

now that i am here in aussie...everything is sooooo quiet...
    of course it gets noisy every now and then in the hall because me and my brother would be constantly bickering about who hets to use the internet next...

and my dad laments that the house is too quiet now without me...

cheers
    maya

2. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Nice writeup Sriniketan!! (i spelled your name correctly :) )

now the noise in my kitchen will be only on weekends, hey please dont think that i dont cook everyday,i do...... but somehow there will not be much noise. hubby busy with the computer bonkand will comeonce in a while and check what is the menu for the day.....

but i love the noisiest place in www...............

3. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Nice one Sriniketan. I have been silently enjoying reading everyone’s FBs here. Great topic and awesome FBs from everyone.

Yup, kitchen is THE noisiest place at home. At my home it is for an hour or so in the morning and for 2-3 hrs in the evening. Morning time it is preparing tea and some breakfast. In parallel asking my older one to put plates, spoon, tablemats on the table. When the kids start eating constantly telling them to eat faster (poor kids!), listing to them what they need to do next (wear socks, take jacket in your hand etc.). Husband will be screaming asking for stuff he cannot find but I have learnt to ignore his SOS calls J. He he. Mean of me to do this but I can only help two kids at a time!

On the side I will be packing my stuff. Putting laptop in the car, dumping purse, lunch bag and cell phone in the car, wearing a sock in between changing my little one and sipping my tea.

I have to mention one thing here, which I find extremely hilarious. My hubby misplaces the same two things everyday! It is his glasses and his blackberry. I guess it may be because these two things never leave his body. There is not one morning I recall when he hasn’t been looking for one of these two!

Evening time I land at home with both kids in tow. So three hungry and tired souls enter the house at the same time. You can imagine the frenzy at this time! The first 20 mins are like a tornado in the house – everyone wanting to get some snack, me wanting to sit down for a few minutes and kids rushing to their playroom. Then starts the rush to get dinner ready. When hubby comes home he is almost always talking on the cell or browsing his Blackberry. Kids pounce on him as soon as he enters through the door so there is no room for me to butt in L. Usually hubby and I get a chance to exchange a few words only after the kids have gone to bed.

This is pretty much the daily routine. Yet somewhere there is some novelty to it. And so, I look forward to going through this routine everyday!

SS

PS : Aishu, I am just like you in the “kitchen music” department! If I am in a good mood, I will be humming peppy songs and the ones that both hubby and I like. Or if he starts humming a song then I will join him too. If I am not in a good mood then I will be humming sad songs. And if hubby starts humming a song I will immediately “cut” it and start singing a totally different and opposite mood song! J If I am really mad, kitchen is closed.

4. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

Hi Srini,

:yes::iagree with you kitchen is the noisiest place at home. in my house morning 6am to 9am, afternoon 1.30 to 2.30pm and evening 6.30 to 9.30pm.

morning 6am alarm starts and after that i start shouting on kids wake up, brush ur teeth, milk is ready, get ready for school, take ur tiffin box/water bottle etc.

same thing in the afternoon also i am there at home for 1 hour only obviously i hv to scream without screaming my kids are not going to listen to me

evening also while cooking i hv to teach my younger daughter and my water pump also makes too much of noise

some times my elder daughter will say so much of noise in our house waterpump, TV, mixer grinder etc........

Poor hubby is fed up with all thesebonk

5. nikkita

nikkita New IL'ite

now dat is cute thread.......kitchen is like an activity centre in my house:wow wth 2 full time maids n 1 part time.........my 7 mnth old has her meals in d kitchen so its noises of utensils......chaos in the morning for packing tiffins and chatting and playing wth my baby along........after breakfast wen evrybody goe d music system is blaring all day till evening dere:whistle........!!its nice 2 know.......dat all dis is of so mch wrth........n veda!!!i also like u ike siting on d kitchen sill n chat all day long wth my my Big Laughcook jyoti.....!lol!

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Maya,
    welcome to this thread and I know that as you are meena's 'sis' I don't have any doubt regarding the noise you will makeBig Laugh

sriniketan

7. Sriniketan

Sreelatha,
    Hey..... you did it atlast..spelling my name correctly....no problem yaar., what ever is the spelling I know it is me.....

so you accept whether on the weekends or on the weekdays...this place will the noisiest at its peak..

sriniketan

8. Sriniketan

SS,
    very hilarious indeed.
    Maybe, the cell and the blackberry are like 'kavacha kundal' to your hubby.
    In that case, how he misplaces it everyday...mm:spin

There should some noises in the house, without which it is not a home and it is called otherwise, na....

sriniketan

9. Sriniketan

Hi Poonam,
    My DH is like the opposite.,
    He will be attending the phone calls or talking to someone in the midst of blarring TV vol...( thanks to my mil), children shouting, dishwashing, etc.

I think screaming of ours is the most noise in the kitchen other than the usual noises there.

sriniketan

10. Sriniketan

Nikkita,
    Thanks for joining the thread.

The kitchen is a world of its own, isn't it,

sriniketan