No sign of period.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Ashima, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Ashima

Ashima New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

Here is my case. I have never missed a period ever and usually my period is between 28 to 33 days maybe in extreme cases it must have been around 39 never beyond that.

I am not under any kind of stress. I have even taken a career break as I was finding it difficult to manage work and also plan for a baby as my work was getting too demanding.

We have been trying to conceive and this is te first month I missed my period. I took tests at home and also went to the docs office and they did a blood test and it came out to be negative. It was very very dissapointing and unusual becuase I have never missed my period ever in my life before.

The possibility of not ovulating in my case does not arise because my ovulation kit showed that I was ovulating and it ws on dot based on my estimations and it showed positively consistently at the correct time. I have a docs appointment next week and I have scheduled for sonogram as the doc said she will be checking for ovarian cysts. I am so very dissapointed as I never thought I will have to go through all of this more so because ever since I started mensturating it was regular...maybe +/- few days. I have never missed my period.

Also if I ovulated this month then I should also get my period in 2 weeks and its totally strange as everything else is coming out to be negative. My husband thinks I am getting over anxious and worrying unnecssarily but I think my concern is genuine...as I jsut cant think of any other reason why I am not getting my period.

Doc has also given me medication to induce period and have to wait for 10 more days after that to get my period.

Before my concern used to be whether i wil conceive this mth or not and now my biggest concern is just regular period. Its never hpned to me before and I am even more worried as I am already 29 now...

I want to have a baby before 30 as everyone says its good for a healthy pregnancy. I never ever thought that I will have to go through all of this.

Part of me is also guilty that I didnt start early. The problem there was that both husband and wife have to mutually agree. In our case I wanted to start at 25 as I knew that there are no guarantees in life and its better to start early so that we have few yrs time just incase there are any odds. It was no use discussing with my spouse and the earliest I started was late last yr and I have been getting irrirated and annoyed thinking abt lack of his consent over this matter.
    I
    What to do we women have to adjust in this. I cannot even share this with everyone as I dont want my nearest family to also worry along with me and it will only make things worse.

I feel really sad that 3 yrs I just let it go...
    Anyways...if any of you have had a similar case of missed period, pls do let me know. I am also going to start reading garbarakshambigai slokha and pls pray for me that I be blessed wiht a baby soon.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friend,
    sorry to hear about ur state.pls calm down.do not blame urself or ur husband as many a couple postpond having baby.also if u two took this decision it was just to give ur child a better future.
    secondly,sometimes when one get too much desperate for baby the body start showing pregenancy like symptoms,like no date ,nausea etc.this case is i think called false pregnancy.maybe ,something like that is happening to u.
    just follow whatever doc suggest.have faith in God.remember everything happens for best.
    wishing best for u

3. diwali

diwali Senior IL'ite

Dear Ashima,

i'am very sorry to hear u r condition. plz dont stress ur self by thinking

toomuch! and believe in GOD! hope u will blessed with child soon.

definately i will pray for u!

take care of u r health

Sri

4. Ashima

Ashima New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Mahajanpragati and diwali for your kind wishes. Hope things straighten out for me.