1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No one is indispensable and nothing is indispensable

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jul 15, 2015.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Everyone's job is important, but no one is indispensable.

Even when a top executive leaves a company the work does not come to a standstill. New one takes over the responsibility and the work goes on. In our government there are many departments left without a head, yet somehow work is going on or just accumulating and no one bothers about it.

Whether it may be a national leader, a sports person , musician or anybody who is a somebody, after them someone will definitely take the roll played by them. The quality of the work may not be the same, but the work will go on.

Even in a family also no one is indispensable. If a young mother or father expires the family will definitely miss the person. It will suffer with grief for some time. As days and months roll on little by little they will get adjusted to the new situation. Life will keep on moving with difficulty or smoothly, but will not be at standstill.

No one is replaceable and nothing is indispensable. When noodles are banned some other more nutritional dish takes its place. We always find an alternative for anything. Even organs are replaced and we should be grateful to the medical fraternity.

With that in mind, if we lose the people whom we love or things which we treasure the most, we need to understand that nothing is permanent in this world.

I know very well it is easier said than done, but we have no other alternative.

8 people like this.

Similar Threads
    1. kanaka
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Viswamitra
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. jskls
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa,
    Very well said,
    'intha komban illaavittaal innoru sumban ' No emotions,pain or pleasure stay with us in the same intensity for more than 72 years. Even an unbearable loss in the family lingers only for a few days. many people used to say on the day of death by way of condolence" uppum thanniyum oora oora manasu thaanaagave samap padum.It is a fact.
    God has gifted us with a super brain which automatically erases thoughts slowly and steadily. If it is not there we would be lamenting for deaths that occurred tens of years back.
    Nature remains there as a witness.The Brook by Tennyson and ever memorable lines " men may come and men may go, but I go on for ever" linger with me for ever.

A well thought out snippet Pushpa. Precious lines to be registered well in our mind, especially in this age when unexpected or expected events are likely to upset us.However much we read scriptures, Gita and Upanishads we have to be repeatedly told and retold about the transcient nature of life.

Jayasala 42

5 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Pushpa Mami

YOu are hundred percent correct. Whether the person is there or not the work has to go on , whether it is office or any place. We will miss that person for sometime but then we cant help . Everyone cant do the same kind of work and everyone cant be the same, each one of us are different. I have been in IL since 2007 and have seen so many friends and have met them also. Now they are not here and we have many new people who have also become friends but really miss those other friends , some of them who had become so close.

Since few days I have not been writing in snippets , also since two , three days I have not been giving fbs in snippets , but noone seem to have missed me, might be they must have thought I must have been busy .

But seeing this post of yours made me realise that life goes on whether someone is there or not.

I do not know whether this quote is apt for this post

Life is such a beautiful thing if you let all the negativity go. Nothing will be exactly the same as the day prior. Take a moment to soak up what the world has presented you with that day. Nature is beautiful even on the worst days. Rain can be seen as a soother. Sunny days will cheer up the darkest rooms. Thunder can let you know that hard times may be present and the deepest of hearts will all hurt at times; it goes away. Nothing stays the same if you change it. Do not get stuck in a rut. Accept all the little things given in life as huge presents!

5 people like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Sorry.Pl read "No emotions of pain or pleasure' stay with us in the same intensity for more than 72 hours.'and not years.

Jayasala 42

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Jaya,
    Thanks for coming in posting your first fb.
    Thanks for the quote of Tennyson ' The brook,' which is quite apt.
    Men may come and go and the earth will keep spinning on its axis and the Sun and Moon and stars also will be there witnessing everything silently.

As you have said,though we keep reading scriptures and are listening to upanyasams we find it difficult to realize and accept the transient of life.

PS

1 person likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viji,
    I always like your quotes and love to read them.
    Perhaps for one more day if you were not seen in IL definitely someone would have sent a private message enquiring about your welfare.

Of course at times each one is busy and do not have time to visit IL.

As as you yourself has said the bottom line is life goes on whether someone is there are not. That's the truth about life.

Thanks for dropping in and posting your fb,

PS

1 person likes this.
  7. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

Dear Pushpavalli
    I am here in Il as I chanced to look u up and found ILs instead though eventually I connected to you
    thanks for bringing us to see an eternal reality in such a nice way.At moments of individual loss or a societal when it is great persona such reflections breeze through us yet again .
    Yes nothing , or no one, nor any position or relationship :is permanent .Transience is indeed the essence of life

You swallow hard when you discover that the old coffee shop is now a chain pharmacy, that where you bought this very jacket is now rubble behind a blue plywood fence and a future office . It brings a drop of tear and a warm thought when you walk down the lane & think of yester years when you walked down the same path with a loved one . Thousands of people pass that storefront .the walkway ,every day, each one haunting the streets of his or her own past not one of them seeing the same thing. As Paul Coelho put it “ Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever, finally comes to realise that nothing really belongs to them.” And as Hermann Hesse put it “No permanence is ours; we are a wave’That flows to fit whatever form it finds” .So I feel as wave is driven by another wave And each, pursued, pursues the wave ahead.
    So time flies on and follows, flies, and follows, always, for ever and new. What was before Is left behind; what never was is now; And every passing moment is renewed
    And it is the hope of tomorrow , a better day , the promise of things to come that keeps us chugging along .yet it is important to live this moment like there is no tomorrow at all and live life King Size.
    have a nice day.
    gita

1 person likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt. Srinivasan:

Peace of mind is achieved by understanding that no one is indispensable and nothing is indispensable. When we get that attitude, we can achieve detachment and the feeling of ego. Those who truly accept this fact would always make themselves redundant. When we are at work, a right thinking person will train someone to take her position. Automatically, it will reward her to move to the next higher position. Everyone of us work so hard to make our children become independent so that we can become redundant in their lives. Building dependency creates anger and fear instead of love and peace.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Gita,

Thanks for dropping in and keying in your fb,

PS

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viswa,
    I think ego is the main thing which makes people to think that they are indispensable.

As you have said parents lwork hard to make their children to stand on their own feet and they feel happy to see them independent.

Parents over protectiveness makes children dependents and they are afraid to face challeges.

Detached attachment should be the mantra.

PS