No more American long grain rice vive sona masoori rice

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Huma, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi friends.

i have been using Tilda American long grain rice for a very long time but they stopped the production. the other long grain rice i am using is rather disgusting......i can't always cook basmati rice which is good only in byriani.

now i am switching to sona masoori rice, this will be the very first time i will be cooking and taste it.

my question is for one cup of rice how many cup of water? I am using electric rice cooker.

thank u.
    take care.

2. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi

For 1 cup of rice add 2 cups of water. U can also add upto 3 cups of water...

3. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

If u r going to have the rice with kuzhambu (sambar,rasam etc) 3 cup water,if the rice is for variety rice,add 21/2 cup of water.

4. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi

thank u for answering.....I put 12 cups of water for 4 cups of rice but it was waterybonkbonkbonk. I will put less.

bye

5. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi

thank u for the answer........as i was saying earlier.. 12 cups of water for 4 cups of rice was too much. I tried 6 /2 for 3 cups of rice.... still watery. I think i will put 6 cups of water. i hope it will be great.

bye

6. antiquesrinivas

antiquesrinivas New IL'ite

If you are using a electric rice cooker use a little less than 2 cups of water for a cup of rice. Rice cookers tend to make rice a little gummy. I cook my rice in the microwave. I use 2 cups of wate to a cup of rice and cook it in a cornig ware at high for 20 mins. The time may vary depending on the power of your microwave. DO not close the pot while cooking and use a large pot so that it will not spill over. Add a tsp of oil and some salt to the rice. Let me know how you like it. I have been doing this of years now.

7. chocyGal

chocyGal Silver IL'ite

I use 2 cups of water per 1 cup of rice. I use pressure cooker and I leave upto 3-4 whistles.