No message for World Chess Champion - I am really disappointed!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shanvy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Re: hi all i am really disappointed....

hello Anand,
    our hearty congrats to u. :clap:clap:)
    dear shanthi,thanx for starting this thread.

2. aannam01

aannam01 New IL'ite

Congratulations Anand .It is a great victory.

All indians need to get over Cricket Mania and start enjoying different games.

This year Orissa won world Rugbie championship, probably very few people know about that.

Archana.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vivbass,

you are welcome...

moderators...thanks for changing the title.. it looks more positive..

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi archana,

three cheers for the orissa team. a chakde was needed to make a celebration committe for the hockey winners.....:bang:bang. otherwise it goes unnoticed....If other games also pay the same amount of money may be other games will also have takers ...my opinion...

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

thanks for bringing this victory to notice.
    Congrats Orissa for winning the World Rugbie Championship!
    sriniketan

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I am ashamed to say I did not notice and feel grateful current events are posted here. Thanks

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanthi- it is good of you to open this thread and thanks a lot, dear, for creating such a good response also.
    Well, I had been reading and watching all news about Vishy in all the media. I really admire him a lot, though I do not even know how to lay out the coins on a chess board. Yes, it was his mother who introduced him to the world of chess and is the pillar. His wife had come only after he had been successful and of course is a great support to him now.
    The media was all praise for Vishy for bearing with the confusion and choas at the Delhi airport. He defended the fans and was overwhelmed at the reception he got. He was very cool about all the circus.
    My son's school (Velammal Group) had taken lots of children in their bus to welcome Vishy and felicitate him.He was taken on an open chariot from the airport to his home in Adyar. he was just so very happy.
    And his cool character was compared with the aggression of Sreesanth in the ODI at Cochin. I feel that only should have humility whe one rises in life, that is truly hig class. "Nirai kudam thalumbathu"
    Here is wishing Vishy all success and both Vishy and Aruna a very happy life together.

And I read some where that a soccer team of rural India children had bagged the world championship. It seems that they have beaten all the long time players. The age group is below 18. That is something to be proud about too.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi AC you are welcome to check out...we will try to put up what is happening....

Right now the world military games have come to an end in hyderabad. we have stood a at the 20th position India 2g 1s 7b 10total medal count. with russia leading in the first position and china in the second and germany in the third.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi varloo,

Thanks for your fb. yes anand has been cool with his reaction/comments to all questions aply...nirai....(Lot of schools participated in the felicitation)

Today we have small children under 10 making waves in chess...but there is not much discussion about them...there are no scholarships or encouragement by the government...:mad:.

Yes. we should be proud.

Look at the silent transformation going on in a small village by our golden girl..Usha School of Athletics.(ofcourse the goverment and the people are giving her full support)....i think all the sportsmen should think of giving back something to the nation that has given them a lot....of course we also should do our little bit....

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Anand.We are proud of you.I watched his talk show on NDTV.It was great.Thank you Shanvy for starting such a thread.Congrats to Orissa.