1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No India trip for past 9 years

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by saheli, Feb 4, 2015.

1. saheli

saheli New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I always come to this place when I need help & I always get good advises with my best friends from ILites not one whole ILites helped me & I am sooo grateful for that :Bow:.Please accept my appreciation.

This time I have another problem, nine years back when my hub hit me I called police but didn't make report against him & that time he offered me to go India with kids ( kids were very young like 4 & 2). But I didn't go & thought to stay here & try to let him know that I am sorry for calling police ( not said but tried with my actions) Since then I am trying to win his trust but unfortunately I didn't. Each year whenever I talk about India trip he always make excuse like my family is not respectful to him & his family, you need to forget your family if you want to stay with me,never see them again( this sentence was few months after police came).

I tried each way I called my parents & asked them apologize to him & they did. My family is ready to do anything in order to see me & kids( they are teenager now). we do skype but in person feeling is different.

Now from past two years he is making excuse for my health that I am fat, I snore louder blah....actually he is more worry about his reputation. 3 or 4 years back he went India alone & intentionally he made his plan during school time so kids can't go.

Now, my kids need passport renewal & without both parents presence it cannot be done. I tried each & every way to beg him but he is being stubborn not ready to send India. he is saying that he can give me one way ticket & I have 12 yrs old DD I cannot leave her with boys. My husband, he is not trusty person, he had sex with some night club girl & never accepted & also went to court because I believe he tried with underage girl( it's all like 9 yrs back) after that I don't know because that time I were in India.

Now, my family & friends also suggested me not to go alone. Also my Mom has all kind of problems like high bp,sugar & heart one. Last winter she had Shingles.
    My both parents are dying to meet with me & kids but he is blocking the way.

Please suggest something. And I don't have job because some or other way he didn't let me do job with lame excuses.

I am feeling badly home sick please please suggest me & i don't know at this point my marriage is broken or what because we both don't sleep together .

Please help me in any way you can,
    Thank you everyone for reading this long post,
    Saheli

2. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Hi Saheli I feel very sorry for you. Can you please answer some of my questions?

What was the reason to call police?
    Do you have GC or citizenship?

3. gaze

gaze Bronze IL'ite

Sorry to be blunt, but you are responsible for your own actions. How come you are taking all this bs since past 9 years. What are you afraid of... a broken marriage or loosing husband? You anyways dont seem to have either.

Your H is a jerk. IMO, take the one way ticket (for all the kids as well) and go breathe fresh in India, where you are not treated like a doormat and can have a life to call a life.

If your H really loved the kids and wants to be with you, he will send return ticket.

If he denies giving you ticket, ask your parents to sponsor, if they can. if not, look for some job for few months, collect money and get away from this sadist.

Wish the best for you.

2 people like this.
  4. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

gaze

you r missing imp point that her husband is not signing kids passport forms. As per law both parents signature is required.

OP

I think you should consult lawyer asap. Dont tell your husband about it. Also your problem is more than india trip. How many years will u suffer in loveless marriage?

2 people like this.
  5. gaze

gaze Bronze IL'ite

OP can fly to India before the passport expires. If father wants his daughter back in States, then he has to get his @ss landed in India, do the needful procedure and take the wife and kid back home with respect.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

Maybe he doesn't want them back. His actions and words certainly don't sound very concern about the well being of his wife and children.
    Ask a lawyer, call maybe the consulate or embassy. They perhaps know what is possible to do in such situations.
    Do you want you and your children to live in India or where you are now?
    Are you working? Do you really want to stay with this guy for the rest of your life?

7. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

Why do you want to be with such a jerk.... Consult a lawyer and serve him divorce notice here in US.... The mere thought of child support for all your kids will make him go insane or make him piss in his pants .......As child support is something which if he ( US citizen or non-citizen) doesn't pay in US, he will land in jail and that will screw his career forever in US as he will not get cleared in background check and will not land even a below average job....
    Wow some indian men still think they can make a fool of their wives or torture their indian wives here in US just like they would have done in India ..( FYI- i have many lawyer friends here in US ).

8 people like this.
  8. saheli

saheli New IL'ite

Thanks friends for your responses. And pardon me form my late response.

@Emerald,What was he reason to call police? Because he hit me and that was like 3rd time....to stop him I called police but not took action ( complaint, because felt guilty calling police , so stupid of me)
    Do you have GC or citizenship? Yes, I have GC & he never bother to help me in getting citizenship. But he applied for citizenship ASAP because of my police called.

Gaze, kids passport expired long before & now I have two choices either keep begging him or talk to Immigration dept. because they have this option that if your spouse is not letting you go then I have to fill up different form. I also told him about this form so now he is saying that didn't I try for this. I also told him if I try it is going to effect his job as well. But he is taking advantage of me & strictly saying no.

Sweetgirl123, I,definitely, don't want to spend my rest of the life with him, he is jerk & coward as well. I am doing part time job but the problem is my DS is in High school & doesn't want to go back India. My parents from the day one they are supporting me & still saying if I want to come back India, I can & they can also ready to send me India tickets as well. But because of kids study and passport I am sooo much worried.

dia3, he knows all this & that's why he always said to me leave the house ( because 9 yrs back when he bought the house he waited for me to come from India & signed the house paper together, maybe guilt of having s** with other woman).

In Dec. 2014, he shouted full of his lungs & hit me again & then my DS stepped in & stopped him, what a shame. So now he is trying to close to the kids now a days.
    Also, you all won't believe but I don't have credit card and he gives me $100/mo & thinks it's good enough for me. Only one bank a/c access which has no more than l $500 or less in checking & if I use check to do shopping, he asked 100 questions. He does all grocery & his choice food comes in my home. In other way he pretty much controlled our lives. And frankly, we all tired of him but again, I do feel responsible for all this. He is not social guy, we had huge argument about other people invitation. He bought house furniture after 9 years of moving in the house. 2 years back he celebrated his bday with his office collegues & didn't tell us. Then I called his boss & he asked him to call home because your wife is getting worried about you. At home we were waiting for him to celebrate .

Dia3, is there any lawyer which can give me any free consultation regarding this matter because I can't pay their high fees also.

9. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

You are living in an abusive relationship and you have to get out. The children will be damaged if you continue. Check what resources there are available in your area. There are helplines for victims of domestic abuse and they can guide how to get help, a lawyer and get away. Your husband is a criminal, hitting/violence is a crime in the US. There are also shelters available. Keep in mind that for a child seeing violence between parents is extremely traumatizing.

You are both residing in US and you can get your divorce there (must better option than India). It may be that you do not yet get the passports as your dh can claim that you are planning to take the kids permanently to India.

Do you earn enough to be able to move out with the children? You will get child allowance from the childrens father but it make take some time. Opt also for sole custody as then he cannot control with the passports.

Take also copies of your financial records. Open a bank account and direct your salary there.

Here are some of the helplines available and they can guide you how to get free legal advice:
    Legal Help | Domestic Abuse Intervention Services
    Domestic Violence Law - Lawyers, Attorneys & Free Legal Information
    Get Help Domestic Violence Services Free in NYC

2 people like this.
  10. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

I appreciate your patience.. It is really tough to stay away from parents for 9 long years. Managing kids is not easy. One of my friend simply left her kids with husband and left to parents place as her hubby did not allow to send kids. He realized the mistake and would always advice her to take kids or stay with him . Let your hubby manage and go to parents place for some time and come back.

1 person likes this.