1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No gifts by husband :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Grihani, Mar 31, 2015.

1. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Tell him exactly what you want ! Men have no clue what you want and are scared and then some simply don't care - so best is to be clear !

@guesshoo has given one approach - say it as an exaggerated request in a funny or dramatic way - I've done that several times too!

Or be direct - today is my birthday and I want this gift, lets go to this store!

Or say it a couple of weeks in advance - my birthday is coming up - are you taking the day off or shall we celebrate over the weekend ? I want to go to this restaurant for lunch/dinner and I want this gift!

Or get your kids to say it to their dad!!

Nowadays with the online stores so many things are available - I just select what I want and send the link to him after storing it in his store account's shopping basket ! And he just pays for it :)

5 people like this.
  2. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Looks like this is a general malady that men face - not gifting the wife. One year, I bought myself my favorite perfume, got a small card, gift wrapped everything and left it on the table - with his name signed on it. I made such a fuss over "receiving" the gift. He was a little embarassed, and said "I feel bad I did not buy it" I simply said...don't worry, it was purchased with your credit card.

Since then for atleast one occassion - My birthday OR anniversary OR Valentines Day OR Christmas I get a small gift. Started with cash. I let it go for a couple of times, then gently told him that it's good he has progressed, but since we are married, and he apparently knows me, he should try and put some thought into what I would like and get it. Last Christmas we were out and I saw a pack of hot sauce and told him...Now THAT is a gift I would love to have. I found it gift wrapped under the tree :)

Men need nudges and sometimes shoves to understand. But one thing that will NEVER ever work with them is fighting and crying over it.

2 people like this.
  3. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

Thanks ladies, got some great tips, will try them out this time! Birthday and anniversary coming up!