Nightie in Public

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JanSri, Jan 28, 2015.

1. geemathy

geemathy Silver IL'ite

I agree with you and feel irritating while looking ladies roam in nighties - Be it anywhere; Shops, to schools, to ration etc etc.... That too with a shawl. Dont they think this to be a weird one in front of the public? I totally feel this to be against dressing culture; Nighties to be worn only in homes at night. Definitely those specific women who do wear nighties in public should realize this....................

1 person likes this.
  2. drnamshara

drnamshara Gold IL'ite

This was a very nice thread :D

Funny Nighty incidents at home:

1. FIL doesn't drink coffee made by MIL in her Nighty in the evenings!!
    2. No touching gas stove in the morning wearing Nighty!!

3. As soon as MIL gets to know that SILs DH or any male relative is on the way home, then she would immediately run and change into a saree!! SILs DH knew of this act of MIL and would often make fun behind her back! gigglingsmiley

Once he came home unannounced and BEAT THIS,..... MIL rushed into the room and DRAPED THE SAREE AROUND THE NIGHTY in 20 secs flat!!!!
    When she came out I had to press my nose hard to control LOLing!!

3. drnamshara

drnamshara Gold IL'ite

Ok if Nighty is at least a bearable sight.....,

What do you say of ladies who wear
    KURTA/SALWAR TOP OVER SAREE SKIRT/PETTICOAT and roam around to do the same eraands like milk and grocery buying or dropping children to bus stop!!!
    :rotfl

During childhood days we had one such neighbor and we cooly nicknamed her as
    " Bottom-less aunty" :-D

1 person likes this.
  4. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

mostly iin the middle east region Nighty is very common and they will always with nighty but the difference is they will wear a Black or white colour burka so that this will not look hard where as our people they skip the burka and stick with nighty and with dirty towel :bang

on the other side you can see the husband wear shorts (above the knee) and sleeve less t shirt with sports shoes where as wife with full of make up with complete cloth and walking in the mall

5. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

I had been out to the bus-stop at 7 this morning to get my elder one board her school bus. Only after going through this thread a couple of days back did I closely notice another lady (though I see her most mornings) who comes to leave her daughter off. She was clad in a nightie which would have been a dark colored one with print all over it when it was new. It has faded, a strong pull would tear it off too, it was torn on both sides near her feet, with damp marks on either side below her waist. She had a dupatta over it, might not even have washed her face after she got up and her hair was disheveled, tied up into a big bun above her head. I hate women wearing nighties outside their houses and the unkempt hair adds to it. I have used (DH has allowed me to use) them only 6 months (feeding nighties for 3 months after each delivery) and those too never outside my home. I think cotton-comfortable, loose-fitting kurta/ kurtis are also available a lot these days. Substituting nighties with those teamed with pajamas/ comfortable pants make them look so much more decent. Or, honestly how long do we take to change from a nightie into a kurta pyjama or salwar kameez before we step outside? 2 mins? 3 mins? Those 2-3 mins are worth it!

6. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Nighty is unisex too.. called as thwab if men wear it.. and if the same dress is worn by women its called nightie.. :)

7. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Why don't you women leave the nighty-cla(d)ss happy with their nighties?

After all, no one can impose on woman what to wear, where to go, and at what time to go...

2 people like this.
  8. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

hehe, @nemesis ok we will move to the leggings which indeed is making nightie far more tolerable at times.

1 person likes this.
  9. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Your tone is very sarcastic....

10. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Whatever outfit it is.. as long as the lady wearing it is able to carry it off well..it will not be sore to other's eyes..

3 people like this.