1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

nidhra devi does not love me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by prijan, Aug 18, 2009.

1. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

i was reading a health magazine in which there was a detailed article on sleep.blessed people are those who gets sleep immedietly :)once they retire to bed.iam not the one anyway.but i have seen people around me who can just like that sleep without a pillow,without the settings of a bed or a calm atmosphere.even a small sound makes me jump and sit up on the bed where as everybody would have a good slumber.somehow i never get to sleep just like that,in a jiffy,like instant dosa,instant coffee,instant sleep.i had a friend in college days who would just happily sleep even if there is a five minute gap.she used to sleep with eyes open during lectures where i would struggle and rant later that how sleepy i felt and how i couldnot concentrate on the lecture.i need an "atmosphere" to doze off,i can never sleep without a pillow,need good book or good music to sleep even iam dead tired or worn out after a day of hard work.sleep would evade me,somehow if i stay in other house or even in a hotel,if i go out of my place.in this matter,i would swear by my house,because thats heaven for me.without two pillows,no way i can sleep.so whenever i see people who just doze off at the drop of hat,i use to see them withlot of j feeling.they have this varam from nidhra devi.i use to tell my dh even if go to heaven also,i would ask the people for two pillows,good music,my favourite books, a calm serene surrounding where there is pin drop silence,no cacophony of sounds whatsoever.any way are ipods allowed there above:)???are you the blessed ones who can go to sleep any place,any time???

2. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

Hey prijan,guess u ll b jealous of me too!! I cud sleep jus like that.. U remind me of one of my close friends.. She also had the typical problem. I always comment 'wen u go to the outside world u ll learn to sleep'....

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Prijan,

I guess i am not blessed. i am a very light sleeper, and also had suffer from insomnia due the side effects of my tablets.

There have been days i would be lying awake.

guess being able to sleep peacefully,inspite of the happenings around itself is a gift.

4. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

prijan,
    you are right.Blessed are those who can sleep at will and sorry to say i am not one.Guess nidra devi is a bit partial to others than me:rant
    vijji

5. divyaparu83

divyaparu83 New IL'ite

Dear Prijan, I have seen my dearest friend wanting pillows n silent atmos to sleep even in the hostel; but not me... i even hold the record of sleeping in the first ever maths class during my PG.... But times have changed and after my son has come, my sleep is in his hands... if he sleeps well, i sleep well...i think, some one has put a bad eye(nazar dal diya) on my sleep without any prob that now i am not able to sleep like in the past :wink: .. Divya

6. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear preethi,
    you are indeed a blessed soul.i need lot of "atmosphere" to sleep.you get to see a refreshing morning,only,if you get a good sleep in the night.thanks for the fb.
    prijan.

7. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear shanvy,
    my twin soul,you are right.we are not that much gifted,when it comes to instant sleep.medicines,diet add to the existing woes.waking up in the morning with tired eyes is one thing i dread because it spoils the whole day.thanks for the fb.
    prijan

8. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear viji,
    thanks for the fb.my group is getting bigger.you are right dear,nidhra devi needs to shower lot of her blessings on us.
    prijan

9. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear divya,
    iam more like your friend.hey,you reminded me of my college days where we used to dread afternoon 1st hour classes in a hot sultry day.its so boring.my friend used to sleep happily with eyes wide open(wonder how!!!!)where as i would scribble the notes as a punishment and she would happily act as if she is awake and copy from me later.you are right.we lose most of our sleep when we become mothers.you should take adequate rest while yur kid sleep.take care dear.luv to yur kid.thanks for the nice fb and taking me back to college days.
    prijan

10. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Prijan

take me into your gang.. I am one of those people who can go on without sleep... I had gotten over it for a couple of months and now i am back to sleepless nights ... like you I need absolute silence.. wonder if He thinks just a couple of hours of sleep everyday is enof for us ?

cheers and have a good sleep tonite

Bhooma