NIce to know somebody cares about you.

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by roopadadia, Mar 5, 2008.

1. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

One day Mathsteacher asked her students to list the names of the other students in the room on two sheets of paper, leaving a space between each name.

Then she told them to think of the nicest thing they could say about each of their classmates and write it down.

It took the remainder of the class period to finish their assignment, and as the students left the room, each one handed in the papers.

That Saturday, the teacher wrote down the name of each student on a separate sheet of paper, and listed what everyone else had said about that individual.

On Monday she gave each student his or her list. Before long, the entire class was smiling. "Really?" she heard whispered. "I never knew that I meant anything to anyone!" and, "I didn't know others liked me so much," were most of the comments.

No one ever mentioned those papers in class again. She never knew if they discussed them after class or with their parents, but it didn't matter. The exercise had accomplished its purpose. The students were happy with themselves and one another. That group of students moved on.

Several years later, one of the students was killed in
    "Kargil" war and his teacher attended the funeral of that special student. She had never attended Funeral of a serviceman before. He looked so handsome, so mature.

The placewas packed with his friends. One by one those who loved him took a last walk. The teacher was the last one to bless .

As she stood there, one of the soldiers who acted as pallbearer came up to her. "Were you Sanjay's math teacher?" he asked. She nodded: "yes." Then he said: "Sanjay talked about you a lot."

After the funeral, most of Sanjay's former classmates were there. Sanjay's mother and father were there, obviously waiting to speak with his teacher.

"We want to show you something," his father said, taking a wallet out of his pocket "They found this on Sanjay when he was killed. We thought you might recognize it."

Opening the billfold, he carefully removed two worn pieces of notebook paper that had obviously been taped, folded and refolded many times. The teacher knew without looking that the papers were the ones on which she had listed all the good things each of Sanjay's classmates had said about him.

"Thank you so much for doing that," Sanjay's mother said. "As you can see, Sanjay treasured it."

All of Sanjay's former classmates started to gather around. Arjun smiled rather sheepishly and said, "I still have my list. It's in the top drawer of my desk at home."

Prithwiraj's wife said, " Prithwiraj asked me to put his in our wedding album."

"I have mine too," Rashmi said. "It's in my diary"

Then Deepali, another classmate, reached into her pocketbook, took out her wallet and showed her worn and frazzled list to the group. "I carry this with me at all times," Deepali said and without batting an eyelash, she continued: "I think we all saved our lists"

That's when the teacher finally sat down and cried. She cried for Sanjay and for all his friends who would never see him again.

The density of people in society is so thick that we forget that life will end one day. And we don't know when that one day will be.

So please, tell the people you love and care for, that they are special and important. Tell them, before it is too late.

And One Way To Accomplish This Is: Forward this message on. If you do not send it, you will have, once again passed up the wonderful opportunity to do something nice and beautiful. But its upto U to fwd this one.

If you've received this, it is because someone cares for you and it means there is probably at least someone for whom you care.

If you're "too busy" to take those few minutes right now to forward this message on, would this be the VERY first time you didn't do that little thing that would make a difference in your relationships?

The more people that you send this to, the better you'll be at reaching out to those you care about.

Remember, you reap what you sow. What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

May Your Day Be Blessed As Special As You

Thanks for being my good friend ,
    I cherish our friendship close to my heart.

2. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi roopa,
    That was really a wonderful message, wish I was one among the friends.
    But, dosen't matter as long as I'm part of the Indus Ladies :p

Ya, I would surely pass it on to the ones I love.

Thanks for the lovely text.

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Roopa,

That was real good and too nice... It is always a pleasure to know that somebody loves you and thinks good of you.... It will give a morale booster....

Thanks for sharing...

Veda

4. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Roopa,
    A very nice message.We have at thread somewhat like this here-Tell a good thing about the person above you...Check it...
    Love
    Meena

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Roopa,
    Thanks a ton for posting this wonderful mesage here. Iam someone who naver passes up on an oppurtunity to tell someone how much they mean, I have been that way always. This is for my friends who need a wake up call. Thanks again, it was so touching to see that all the students treasured that list. Hats off to the teacher who made them do it.

6. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Roopa,
    Its indeed a interesting and rather a touchy story.Its always nice to know that someone loves you and cares for you.

Thanks for posting this wonderful story to spread the message of love.

7. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all your nice FBs

This is very good exercise at work place too. We follow this in our organisation.

also a very good gift on b'days and anniversaries. Collect chits from all known people around you and either make a collage or a binded book.

We have put up our collage in our bedroom and its a very good booster when we are feeling low.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Roopa,

Superb.I have read this before, but i like it even after reading it any no of times.Regards.kamal

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

wonderful roopa,
    nice of you to bring it up here, it is so soothing to hear such stories..sunkan

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Roopa
    I have read this many a times. It is always nice to read such post again an again.
    As it is always nice when some one speaks about us something good.
    Thanks for sharing............