NFL 2007 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shobanag, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Re: NFL is about to begin...

Not doing too well in fantasy football. I am 1-2! Got to win this week. My home town team is not doing too well either - won their first game last week! Hope the season gets better ...

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Just saw this thread. We all watch all sports so we are usually tuned into the seasonal sports and as such i have no clue as to the serials going on.
    I dont know what fantasy football is can someone pl. explain.
    I think its good if the whole family watches together esp. sports. just my thinking. our falcons are not doing well...

3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chitra - another NFL fan!! Fantasy football is when you draft a team of players and you are in a league. Each week one team players another team from the league. The players in your team earn points based on how those players perform on their game. For example, I have Peyton Manning as my QB - each time he throws for a touchdown, I get points. I also get points for the total yards that he throws and so on. So you end up cheering for a player and not a team!! It is quite interesting. I used to like the Falcons QB, Vick before be got embroiled in the dog fighting controversy!!! Our Chiefs are not playing that great either -although we beat the Chargers last Sunday which was great!
    Hope we can keep this discussion going!

4. Anandchitra

Dear Shobana
    Thanks for the nice explanation. Where do we go for the fantasy fb online?? My family is big football fans. Well I have to say we are big sports fans ans we mostly only watch sports on t.v. I played college basketball in my old days?? I like football but not very over into it. I am familiar with player names and such.
    I personally think Vick got too bad a rap. ofcourse thats terrible but still here in ga they went on and on and on.what do you think?

5. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

HI Chitra - it is too late to join fantasy football now - it starts prior to the season starting. Usually there is a league that you join - or you can start you own league - there is $$ involved here - so the one who wins in the end wins all the money. I joined a league that one of my friend's husband is in - she is not a football fan - so I joined in. There are some available online that you can join or you can start you own - the scores are all kept online through EA Sports. I am not involved with the logistics of how it is done - it can be quite tedious especially for the person in charge. You son may know about these things - ask him. Most of these start in offices - where they have leagues.

Do you watch college football and basketball? We watch those as well. Love college basketball a lot. The KU Jayhawks are great - my favorite team!

Personally on Vick, he deserves everything that is handed out to him - I am huge dog lover - I cannot imagine what he has been doing to them in the name of sport. The press goes overboard with everything here - the good and bad, which is a different issue.

Lets keep the football discussion going!!

6. Anandchitra

Shobana
    Thanks for telling me its late to start the fantasy league now. bcause i have been spending time to search about it. next time when you do please let me know also.
    Yes my family watches both college and nfl too. I dont know who you are supporting. tell again. we have got tickets to the falcon game next month.
    Yes I agree what Vick did wad totally wrong but still the punishment seems tooo much. i dont know why i think this but thought i'll share.

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Chitra - I am a Chiefs fan - got to support the home team! Besides that I am a Colts fan - Peyton Manning is my favorite player. I had his picture as my background on my computer for a long time (recently switched it to the Taj Mahal!!) My husband got us tickets last couple of years - our team is not playing all that well and hence I dont feel like wasting money on that!! What game are you going to? Have fun - it is always great to watch the game "live". You know that 2 times that we went for a game - it was freezing weather - and we stood the whole time - even though we were dressed like eskimos for the game, I came down with a head cold and sore throat!! But it was fun!

8. Anandchitra

Monday night falcons played. terrible. sunday afternoon my family watched i had to rush for some errands. i told them to keep me updated as i wanted to get back to you on that but now dont remember what they said. not to owrry as you will uptodate shobana.

9. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chitra - yes - Monday night was not good for the Falcons. Am watching the afternoon games right now and going through IL!! Two favorite activies!!! When are you going to the game?

10. Anandchitra

Dear Shobana
    Cannot believe you are doing the same thing as I. dont know when we are going to game. did you watch Red Sox.
    I am now paying closer attention to games and etc especially when varun gets up and yells at the screen so I can write to you about it. Inspite of close attention i forgot what they both yelled at yesterday. you can make out i am big makku and mandu. will pay attention next time and write to you nicely abou t it.