1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Newly Married - Questions about Intimacy!

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by lalithakumar, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Vidhya - Definitely go see a doctor - sounds like you may have had 2 early miscarriages (not trying to scare you but it is a possibilty esp with a positive pregnancy test). So you should have a check up and also the doctor might require blood tests for you (to check hormone levels) the next time your periods are late.

Vanathi.

2. meerabee

meerabee New IL'ite

Hi ,
    I joined IL today only. Its so informative.

I got married on May 22. Got my periods on June 3rd. earlier I had a irregular period and took medicines before marriage it got clear. I am yet to get my periods. Its almost 45 days over. I did Home preg test it was negative and Urine test at lab also tells negative. But i feel so tired and drowsy. frequent urination and suffering with high heat always. Usually before periods i will get breast pain. Now i am getting the same pain and spotting white discharges everyday. Could anyone tell wats happening in me and what i have to do next. Am I pregnant or not.

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Meerabee,
    Welcome to IL! My suggestion would be to see an OBG doc - pregnancy or otherwise can be confirmed through a blood test that measures the level of hormones in your blood. If it is NOT pregnancy then your doctor can advise you regarding further tests/medicines etc. Good luck!

Vanathi.

4. Vidhya Mohan

Vidhya Mohan Senior IL'ite

Thanks all for your advise...

5. Chitrav4

Chitrav4 New IL'ite

Help: TTC but unable to try

Hello IL Ladies,
    I regularly read this forum from last one month and it is really good to see how ladies like me are benifitting from this.
    I am married from last three months and till now its a nice mixture of ups and downs. I am the only sister out of four brothers. My husband and me have decided that I should concieve now and my in-laws are also anticipating me to get pregnant since my hubby is the eldest in this family.
    The problem is that we are trying to concieve but we are not able to have a proper try. The reason is I feel a lot of pain and inspite of my best efforts I am unable to control and finally we use other means to satisfy ourselves. Me and my hubby are very fond of lovemaking and I think that now he is showing signs of losing interset in me. I think that may be I am not getting wet and I bleeded profusely during our first night and their is some mental block due to pain caused at that time.
    Can you all ladies give some help here and tell me the ways to improve this and also there are no side effects for concieveing.
    Thanks,
    Chitra

6. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Re: TTC but unable to try : Help needed

Chitra,

Do go through this thread - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...1-newly-married-questions-about-intimacy.html The first-time bleeding is normal. It happens because the hymen breaks when you first have sex. For some folks, the hymen is already torn by the time we get married - like me! In case you have any more queries, do post in the thread I have mentioned above. All the very best!

Regards,
    Anitha

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  7. leesa

leesa New IL'ite

Re: Question about intimacy

hi cinduja....

no need to worry abt it 1st u relax

once consult gyn say ur prob freely to her she will do some tests and

finds ur prob if its mentally u get relaxed and try to change ur mind

if it is physically ( means u may have thick hymen) doctor suggests to

undergo a small surgery to remove hymen thats is called hymentomy no

need to worry abt it. it is not a big deal it takes only 5 - 10 mints

and u have to take some weeks rest . and can have happy marriage life

:)

all the best

keep smiling

8. Max0069

Max0069 New IL'ite

Re: Question about intimacy

Never lived in a joint family, you have made me think how my life would be if I lived in a joint family, I would have really hated that life if I had to start my life in a joint family, I enjoyed the independence and it helped me and my wife to become closer, my heart goes out to the people who are forced to start their family in a joint family environment.

9. tempy72

tempy72 Senior IL'ite

hi i married for an year,but apart all the problems i have started to enjoy with my husband.every month beggining i get my periods which last for 6 days. now i have few questions to ask which may sound silly to you but i need to know 1.watz ovulation? 2.wat r safe days to have sex to delay pregnancy. 3.wat r risky days. i want to have safe sex for now.so he uses condom but some say even using condom there r chances of convenicing.help..

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Tempy,
    Some answers to your questions:

Ovulation is the release of the egg (ovum) from the ovary. It usually happens 14 days before the next cycle ie. in a 28 day cycle ovulation occurs on Day 14. This is not 100% predictable even in women with regular cycles and can vary by a few days this way or that.

Usually in a woman with a regular 28 day cycle days 1-7 (Day 1 being the first day of your periods) and Days 21-28 are safe. Days 7-21 (ie one week before and after ovulation) are risky. The risk increases the closer you get to the day of ovulation.

If you use a condom everytime then its very effective as a contraceptive (abt 98%) read http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex_relationships/facts/condoms.htm for more info abt using condoms safely.

Vanathi.