New to Auckland! Would love to meet other newbies to NZ!

Discussion in 'Indians in New Zealand' started by RaagaSaga, Oct 28, 2011.

1. RaagaSaga

RaagaSaga New IL'ite

Hi there!

I'm Meera, and am new to Auckland. We moved here just about a year ago..and have a young baby as well...

We're from South India - Chennai (me) and Bangalore (hubby). Hubby works in IT and I'm currently a stay at home Mom.
    Would be great to meet others who have recently moved to Auckland!:)

2. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

Hi Meera, welcome to Auckland, whereabouts in Auckland do you stay? On the shore or near city?

3. snigdha0610

snigdha0610 New IL'ite

Hi Meera and jive,

My name is Sudha and would like to meet people in NZ. we moved to Auckland about a week ago. we lived in wellington for 5 months and moved here. i have been married for 3 yrs. am basically from chennai and after marriage moved to bangalore. as of now we live in Auckland city. trying to figure out things:)

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  4. PrabhaNiv

PrabhaNiv New IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

welcome to auckland. :) I saw in the other forum you are looking for veggie markets..There is a weekend farmers market close to britomatr(been there just once and found it just ok, may be i was too late!) and have heard from my friends that there is one in avondale which is really good and cheap as well.. I am not an early morning person, so could never make it there on week ends :( btw where do you live in auckland?

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  5. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

Hi Meera, Sudha and Prabha, where are u gals located in Auckland? Auckland is really small and Indian community is not that big like US. Would love to catch up with some of you gals if interested..

6. snigdha0610

snigdha0610 New IL'ite

Hi Prabha and Jive,

Thanks for the info. will go and check out one of the weekend. we live in Auckland cbd. where do u guys live???? i think we all should meet up one day. i was desperately searching for friends. it will be good to catch up with u guys. what do u guys do??? working or home makers??? am a home maker. just getting my feet around this place. hope we meet soon:)

7. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

I am from central too but St lukes/mt albert area. Yes, will be nice to have a catch up. I cant private message anyone though. How do you want to take this forward? facebook perhaps?

8. snigdha0610

snigdha0610 New IL'ite

I dn't have a facebbok account. is it possible for u to share ur mail id or phone no so that we can be in touch...... or do u guys have any better options

9. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

I can't private msg and as per forum rules, we can't exchange any form of contact info including social media user ids. I can suggest another easy method which is if you google heydesis and use the first site that comes up in the search, I have created a post there specially for us (looking for friends in NZ). Thats my friend's site. We can take it from there I suppose if you gals are keen!

See u gals there:)

Cheers

10. snigdha0610

snigdha0610 New IL'ite

Hello All,

my facebook id is Sudha Balachandran. Do send me a request with your IndusLadies name in the message so that I know which ones to accept. Looking forward to getting in touch and meeting up soon.