1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Teacher Problems

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by abinayasarvan, Oct 24, 2013.

1. abinayasarvan

abinayasarvan New IL'ite

Hi Guys,

I need your advice.My son started kindergarden this year...everything was good and the teacher also had very good things to say about him.but then after 1st term break the old teacher left her job and a new teacher has taken over....The problem is the new teacher who has started a month back ,has only comments on my son she feels he lags behind in everything,she coments that he is slow,unresponsive ,writing is not proper,whereas the previous teachers(even in preschool)never had any comments ,nfact they always had very good things to say about him.
    The thing is when i saw his classwork he had done things neatly and also completed his work,she has always written good in his worksheets,so what is the problem i fail to understand.

should I speak to her and bring to her notice that the previous teachers never said anything about his behaviour.can a child change so much in just 1 month.If I speak to the teacher and what if she doesnt like it,wont it create further probems...

so confused
    please help

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Abi,

Talk to the teacher about it. Ask her what specifically she means when she says the writing is not proper or he lags behind? Ask her how you both (the teacher and you) could work together to better it if there is a problem. Suggest to her that may be he feels shy to speak openly in class because she is new to him.

If she persists about the handwriting, show the classwork sheet that you have and ask her gently if there any particular letter that he is not writing correctly. She may be indicating of the '5' or 'P' etc written in the wrong direction. This is quite normal for kidergarten kids, and we should keep correcting them until they get it right.

don't worry too much dear :)

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

You must meet the teacher and talk in detail but don't tell about previous teahcer's comments. Never tell that previous teacher didnt complain anything. We have to be careful with teachers a lot.. if they dont behave good with kids then kids will never like to go to school. Meet the teacher talk to her in detail without telling about the previous teacher's remark, do some talk with your child in front of the teacher then thanks her and observe again.

4. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

I feel your Son might be missing the Previous Teacher, Give him some time to connect with the New Teacher, parallely focus on his activities and work sheets.