1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New property in joint name of mil

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mimita, Apr 10, 2013.

1. pari80

pari80 Silver IL'ite

It is not india . It is "educated people" like us misinterpreting "freedom" and "self identity" and trying to merge them with marriage.

I agree with you that once married , everything should be "ours" rather than his or hers!!!!. What's the point of marriage otherwise. Have live-in relationship where you have "relationship" but no "our" feelings.

1 person likes this.
  2. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Agree Pari...

Just want to make one thing clear- I said "India" not to criticise the country. Dont want the discussion to veer off tangent so I took it off.

In Indian culture (or frankly any culture) marriage is about love and respect and not "your money" "my money". In the west, people in live-in relationships have similar arrangements which I believe is due to lact of commitment. But now (at least in IL), I see more and more people (men and women)have this attitude. If IL is reflective of a cross-section of Indian population, I just wonder- where is the trust? the love? the respect? where is the good old fashioned belief systems, I wonder...........

3. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

I completely second Shilpama....

4. rohinipadi

rohinipadi Silver IL'ite

Mimita I think your husband would like to do something for his parents thats why he is buying second property in her name. There is nothing wrong in that. Maybe you can buy another property for your parents and you so that you can make your parents also happy. Parents also need some security na.Why fuss so much ?Be happy you have a happy home rather than sulking how many houses you have.At the end of day it doesn't matter.I think you should even show your happiness to your DH that he is doing for his parents.They are not going to run away with your property.There is nothing permenant in this life.Money is man created and it gives only temporary happiness.

Thanks
    RP

5. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Not sure for how long you are married. U should be knowing about your mil by now.
    Also not sure how is your relationship with your mil.
    I also feel that since ur dh is the only son there is no harm.
    But personally I also feel that its not correct.
    May be his parents might have fought with him when he registered the first property in both your names.
    For time being I think this is not an issue to worry.