New mission - reduce Carbon foot print

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by anumdas, Jun 18, 2008.

1. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Hi friends

I am sure that you must have noticed the reduce Carbon foot print mission happening around us. I had not cared about it till recently. But I dont know why, I am now on to this and i really feel I should take an initiative from my side to reduce my carbon foot for our daughter and sons and the upcoming generations. DrowningOne person alone cannot make much of an impact, but if we all contribute a little for this good cause, it will be a great impact and result.

:yes:I have started reducing the number of plastic covers I pick up from shops for packaging, started using recyclable plastic for dumping waste, turning off unwanted power sources etc. You can ge more details about Carbon foot print from the below mentioned website.

Carbon Footprint - Calculate, Reduce and Offset - Welcome to Carbon Footprint

Though we cannot stick on to everything, I believe we can atleast keep the concept in mind and follow bits and pieces of the same.

All the best!!

Cheers :cheers
    Anu

:thankyou2:

2. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Hi Anu,

From the time, I heard about carbon footprint, I have also been wanting to know more about it and to see how an individual can contribute. This site you have mentioned should help me to get started.

You have started a great job and I wish there are more people like you who will become conscious of these things. Let us work for a greener and 'less warmer' earth!

Cheers,

Sumathy

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi Anu,

Everybody has to be educated about the Carbon foot print. From the moment I got to know about this and also how much I can save and help I have been doing what was possible by me.

I have stopped buying books unless very much need, only rent it in the library,
    Avoid using plastic bags, Have started helping in planting trees.....we could still do more....but this is not enough....

Hope everybody, does their wee bit towards greener and healthier environment for our children and the next generation....

4. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

5. laxmi_subhas

laxmi_subhas Senior IL'ite

Hi anumdas,

Nice topic. Its very much necessary to initiate soon..

cheers

laxmi

6. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Thanks everybody for the support. I hope we will all be able to contribute to the great cause!

Cheers
    Anu