1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New Laptop

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by ssubhasr, Jun 7, 2010.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

We are planning to buy a new laptop with windows operating system.

Can anyone help me in finding a good deal for buying a laptop with the latest configurations ? I mean, what can be the best price we can get ?

2. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Look around for deals in the place where you stay. I think HP and Dell are one of the best brands for laptops. Dont forget to take warranty along with the laptop. It helps a lot. I usually buy laptops inside the range of 500 so I can have warranty on it . That ends up to 600-700 usually and a good range for personal use laptops.Good Luck.

4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

You can check deals2buy dot com and pricegrabber dot com websites. They usually offer the best price comparison for electronic goods(across various sellers). You can also look at the company websites like Dell, HP, IBM or Sony. Sams club, Costco, Staples also have them on markdown or rebate sale sometimes. If you're looking for something be used for technical stuff(official work etc), I would suggest going for the high priced better ones, or if it is for home use, then you can get something ranging from 500 to 600. Also,holidays are the best time to buy electronic items especially due to the discounts, rebates and mark downs especially online. You might find good deals on July 4th :thumbsup

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010