New Hindu Bindi Advice

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by MissMaia, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MissMaia

MissMaia New IL'ite

I'm a new Hindu, and I started wearing sindoor for my husband. Problem is, people always think I'm bleeding! I thought wearing a bindi, too, would help them get the point. Trouble is, I don't know how to apply kumkum as a bindi. I thought I might use stick-on bindis, but I work outside in the sun all day, and I worry that sweat would cause the bindi to fall off.

I will be making my first visit to the mandir in the big city soon, but I don't want to bother everyone with silly questions about bindis!

Thank you for your advice, ladies!

-Maia

2. Geethajithu

Geethajithu New IL'ite

Hi Maia,

First of all, its so thoughtful of u to want to keep a bindi for your husband... these days most women overlook that point...even I keep a bindi daily since I m married now. Usually I keep a bindi with vermillion, I dab a small dot of cream on my forehead, then press it with a little vermillion. that stays for a long time if u r indoors, otherwise u could use a liquid bindi that is sold by some brands like eyetex, I got one in an indian store. Since u say u sweat a lot and work outside, I guess the best is the stick ons that u mentioned.... just keep some extra bindis in ur hand bag... that is all I could suggest... sorry that was just a little improvement over what u already are using.

3. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Although this is an old post, I amn't sure if you're gonna see this, but here goes: applying kumkum as bindi is simple, just mix a pinch of it with a drop of water to make a thick-ish paste so it will stay, and apply it between your brows using your right hand's ring finger making it as small or big as you want.

4. newnewgen

newnewgen Senior IL'ite

Why everyone should wear a tilak, ashes or bindi in their forehead.
    Our body contains nerves, but do not cris cross each other, only in certain places it cris crosses,

One such place is at the forehead where the nose and the two eyes meet.
    It is a good practice for women, and men for both to not to keep that place vacant, either apply ashes or tilak or a bindi at that place.

Girl child from young age apply kumkum or bindi at that place and circumbulate the peepel tree contain the snake goddess or naga devatha.

When a man sees a women, sometimes even if he may be a great saint, or a great yogi, a tinge or lust creeps in his mind, that thought enters the women's mind not through eyes, or through the ears, it enters the place where women keep their bindi.

Now if the women from her child days keep the bindi and do the circumbulation of naga devatha, her mind will be the strongest, wherein so easily she will not succumb to any wrong intentions firstly, Second when that particular spot is covered the thought does not enter into the mind, thus the question of right or wrong does not araise? since there is no such topic has entered into the women's mind.

many women in india are mentally stronger than any other person in the world, Many of the men folks in their households are of worst of lot in terms of character. But still they swallow that and keep their homes intact. That is why in india you do not get divorce cases so easily.

The women will power is that secret which makes the family going.