1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New Friend/acquaintance Behavior Bothering Me.

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by sneha1985, May 24, 2023.

1. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

Hello,

Sorry for the long post... venting it out.

I reside in US, bought a home in posh location in India for my parents and they shifted there. The society members had formed a WhatsApp (WA) group and one of the guy A (neighbor) texted me a few times outside of the group to help me with some queries I had posted in the group. Later we found out we have a common friend and guy A added me on FB. One of his relative also lives in the same society but in a different home and is close to my parents age. While guy A and I were texting in past, we exchanged numbers of my parents and his relative so being of old age, they can meet up and hang out together. I had told guy A that my parents spend time in the society's common area in the evening and his relative can join as well if they would like. However my parents nor his relative ever contacted each other.

Immediately society's core team was formed who handles all the major issues/society's maintenance all those things and he became part of the core team. Not sure what happened after that (probably ego hike), whenever he would pass by my parents he would never even say hi or exchange smile like he would do to some others. One day there was some discussion going on in the society WA group regarding an incident and I did tell them that my parents also noticed that incident happening and he tells me to connect him to my parents (was strange to me since I had told him that he like my friend and can contact my parents anytime he wants to). Anyways we noticed most of them in the society are young, not so friendly and have too much pride for money. My parents are very simple and doesn't like to show off the money we have. I told my parents to not get involved much with people there if they are not interacting with them. Last guy A had reached out to discuss some society (not so urgent issue) about 3 months back and due to time difference between India and US, I was in a meeting, couldn't reply to him immediately and later told him that I was in meeting so replying bit late. He seemed not interested to communicate and never reached out to me after that.

I kept ignoring since I don't like people with high ego. His relative who lives there is good at art work so recently they shared their art work in the WA group. Like few others, I complimented them for their talent. Guy A liked my post and his relative then asked me if have an apartment there (they could have generally asked or some people are curious since I have a US number), I replied I do and I separately messaged the relative introducing myself, telling them that guy A had exchanged numbers in past and they can go to my place anytime if they like and spend time with my parents since they are of same age. They replied they would be interested to meet my dad and then I noticed guy A unliked my comment in WA group. Few times in the recent pasts, he did the same where he would like a comment I would make in WA group and then few hours later he would go unlike it. I have been ignoring it for a while now, but it feels childish to me and today it annoyed me a lot. There are 250 members in the group. I have not met or seen him in person, but my parents told me that he has too much of proud and ego on his face as if he gets angry he might hit someone. I have noticed that sometimes his replies are also rude in WA group. Am now worried for my parents who living alone over there.

What's wrong with people and their ego these days especially once they get some power in hand. He is just part of society's core team and not PM of India.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

He has too much time and looking for attention. If I were you will ignore his antics and move on

KashmirFlower and sneha1985 like this.
  3. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

Yeah I am ready to ignore and move on. I am just worried about my old parents living alone over there and since I purchased a new home, I don't have any more money to buy another home and shift them there. The more society members thank him or appreciate him, the more ego he shows and these days he is even doing full on goondagiri/bullying of some residents (not yet for my family) and others are supporting him. He wants things his way. I am trying to find some society/buildings related forums so I am aware of rules that applies.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Too much drama.
    Let your parents make their own friends in the society.

sneha1985 and KashmirFlower like this.
  5. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

Yeah I told my parents the same. But more than half of the society is in favor of him being part of society committee and he forces his own decisions on everyone. Some people hate him and have responded that he doesn't have any authority to be rude to others. Not sure why such egoistic people are loved and buttered by others.