1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Your Suggestions For Hair Smoothening

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by BeautifulSmile, Nov 29, 2023.

1. BeautifulSmile

BeautifulSmile Silver IL'ite

Hello all, I have Indian curl hair, it used to so thick that my entire hair wasn’t fitting in tow hands together, now its fitting just between my 2 fingers. Lost so much recently, just because its curly hair its not visible from front. But everyone asking me omg what happened to your hair. My hair is so dry, just like hay.

I used to get Aveda hair color and I like their blow dry. Hair feels so soft but its straighten the hair which I dont like it. Now I am really thinking what options I have to smooth this hay hair but still retain my curls. Keratein or Brazilian blow dry are the options but 1. Reviews says those chemicals are not safe. 2. It makes hair straighten which I dont want.

Can you tell me some treatments or any home products that works for this dry hair problem? I tried Aveda products no luck, kerastase products no luck. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. With upcoming cruise trip, I need something that I can pamper my hair with some smoothness , leave my hair (now I cant leave my hair, I always need to tie it, not even ponytail due to dryness it looks so awkward. )

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Dyson Airwrap if it fits your budget.

BeautifulSmile likes this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Another thing you could try is look for salons that specialize in cutting curly hair. They usually do dry cuts so they can see the natural shape of your hair. The salon near me that does this also offers instruction for products and how to maintain your hair.

4. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Hair loss can be caused due to several reasons including Vitamin deficiency, hormonal imbalance, stress, even hair dyes or simply Telogen Effluvium. You have to go to a doctor and get yourself checked to evaluate the root cause of your hair loss if your hair thickness indeed has decreased alarmingly.

Second, the Keratin treatments and Brazilian blowouts are nowadays formaldehyde free. However, they make hair smoother by infusing Keratin. I dont know if you have done this earlier but when I got a Keratin treatment done, they used hot iron on my hair for a long time. The results were good, but lasts only for a few months and you have to use special products to maintain it.

Third, if your aim is to moisturize your hair and not make it look like straw always oil your hair and leave it on for atleast 30 mins before you wash it. Also skip the conditioner and use a deep conditioning hair mask after every wash. Leave it on for 10 mins and rinse with cool water. This seals the moisture in.I love both the Briogeo deep conditioning masks. They are silicone free and my hair went from being a ball of dry, flyaway frizz to really soft silky and manageable. However, it takes time to see results. If you use it once a week, expect to see results in about 2 ish months.

Use a good blowdryer (something that can dry your hair very fast so that hair is exposed to heat for less time) and dry your hair to prevent frizz and flyaways. Personally, the Dyson airwrap did not work for me. However, I love the Dyson supersonic. It gets hair dry very very fast. Also remember to use a heat protection spray before drying your hair with hair dryer.

Last, if your hair mids and ends feel dry , take a few drops of light silicone free oil (i like to switch between argan oil and jojoba oil) and run it through your mid lengths and ends.

As soon as I stopped coloring my hair and started doing the above steps, I saw tremendous change in my hair quality .

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  5. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Duplicate

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  6. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

try using mineral water to wash your hair to avoid hairfall. generally tap water seems to cause the problem.
    Or try to get those water softeners.

7. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

1) Hair quality is usually a reflection of your general health - so check your protein intake, Vitamin E, Minerals etc - are you having healthy food and is it get absorbed properly (hormones/enzymes) ?? Try to include almonds, walnuts, coconut in your diet...

2) Check your shampoo - try going natural -
    Take a combination of shikakai, reetha, amla, henna, methi seeds, kalonji, curry leaves, hibiscus and a few more ayurvedic powders
    - mix with (ANY OF) curd for dry hair, coffee/tea/lemon juice for oily hair, aloe vera for shine, hibiscus leaves for softness, coconut milk for moisture
    - keep for 30 minutes (max upto 2 hours) and wash off for squeaky clean, shining, soft, silky hair...
    - I change the powders and liquid according to the seasons and also the result I'm aiming for!
    - If I'm in a hurry, I use ready powders like VCare hair conditioner or Meera powder - they need 10 minutes of application

3) Use clean combs and pillow covers
    4) Massage
    5) Oil carefully - watch a few good videos
    6) Since my individual hair is very very fine, I never use a hair dryer - I just wrap a soft cotton towel to avoid dripping and then remove the towel after 10 minutes and let it dry naturally - takes an hour, but I never comb when it is wet - anyway, whatever curls/styles I do with my hair, it comes back to straight in 5 minutes - so there is no point - but to avoid breakage, dont comb when wet.

Hope this helps!
    HR