Need your suggestion-Women enterpreneurs

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by born2vin, Aug 4, 2009.

1. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hi IL's

I have lot of confusions on this; but i don't know people who can help; finally i realised IL's will surely help me with this. With lots of hope i am posting here my confusion; please suggest me a better way.

I am into IT for many years, i want to come out of it and do something different on Business/some service; both in parallel too...

Which is stopping is marriage... i couldn't decide on anything until i finalise a guy; hope you understand as it plays a major part in life; his place; his nature etc.,

But as the time passes i lot my hope on that and i am thinking i am carry o with my work and when it happen let me decide on the situvation.

first and foremost thing i wanted to put here is i wanted to do some business not to become millionare; it is not for money it is for soul satisfaction. i am thinking on various business options. but i am not sure whether i can go ahead wiht any of that...

i don;t have any business experiece nor my family... hence i don't have anyone to guidetoo... as a women. what you people feel what kind of business an inexperience women in this line can start and run with a minimal investment and single handed...

Il's please suggest me ....

2. ubellah

ubellah Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I think most of us from the IT industry are struck by this thought.
    We at office always feel that we do some sort of business and come out of the IT environment.
    But before providing suggestions, please let us know what sort of work/field you are interested in..
    It can be gardening/designing/catering/education etc.
    It would be helpful if you could identify your key areas.

3. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hi ubellah,

Thanks for your quick response... as you said...

I am basically a person who want to explore the world on new things.. so i am interested in talking any new challenges....

rulled out is teaching and gardening as i don't have that much patience...

I like cooking but not as a business surely...

I already shorted out designing in whatever field might be jewellery/embroidery/painting/ fashion desinging items etc.,

But the original reason i posted here is i wanted to know what are all the other options available to explore... i am even ready to join any classes to imporve my skill on that particular area but i am just in a phase to find out different option...

4. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

As you have stated you are in IT but not sure you are into which platform.You can start a business in web page development,Web hosting etc.There are many NGO who are in need of websites.So you can do both social service & business.You can even suggest them to sell their items online.Many NGO prepare candles,greeting cards,home made items etc.Many websites ask for freelance programmers so you can pick work online & globally also.:thumbsup

5. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Thanks ambika for your suggestion..

Really a good one.... Will try its possibilities:cheers

6. inventsekar

inventsekar New IL'ite

Good.
    marriage should not affect enterpreneurs. start something and carry on. everything will be fine.
    we may think that - "marriage will be affected by this", but as this doubt came to you, in the same way, there are another possibilities too. ur enterpreneur work may give good name for u. that can easily help for the marriage also.

7. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Tamilarasi,

Good to hear abt your career shift plan. Pls go slow and steadily on this.

As a friend has suggested, using your IT experiance, you can provide a social service. There are many ways of doing it. Please do let me know in IT, which is your strength or core area/platform etc?

There are many non-IT departments who require service of IT people for charity. This way, you will not loose the steam of your profession and gives you more self satisfaction.

Best wishes and good luck to meet your partner very soon!!! You really deserve an equally like minded partner to enjoy a glorious life!!

8. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hi invensekar, thanks for the advice and encouragement. with all your wishes and support i am sure i will succeed.

9. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Thanks leela, Yes as all you said i can combine my business and social service.... My field on IT is different from what usual applications do.. so i have to change my field totall. but i am confident enoughto take anything onmyway and give good result and succeed. Thanks for your support and wishes both for marriage and business. please let me know if you know some service organisation whom they need some help in any manner. so i can think on that way to help them and to myself tooo...

10. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Tamilarasi:

Not to worry, until we narrow down our choices to one, we will be confused. If you are from bangalore, I would suggest you go to AWAKE and talk to someone there, you might get some ideas. They also conduct Entrepreneur development programmes and other training courses (candle making, jewellery design, etc).

Do you mean that you don't want to do anything in IT? Or is it just that you do'nt want to work for someone but yourself? So do you want to be in product or service business? By service, do you mean social service?

My personal opinion here is that there is a right time for everything. So if things have to happen in parallel, let them. And these days, guys can be a lot supportive. Also, don't pre-empt your efforts based on assumptions on your future partner.

My belief is that if you are passionate about what you do, money won't matter because of the satisfaction you get out of your work. But I like to believe that money somehow does follow:) Try narrowing down your options. It can be as simple as converting your hobby into your business. While at it, try to reason out why taking that up will work for you.

You have mentioned in a post that you would like to get into designing. That is a huge market which has to still mature in India. Some of them, would definitely require you to take up courses - unless you are already doing it. There are lot of courses by private institutes that can help you.

Being inexperienced should not matter really. If you are focussed on starting something on your own, you should know that it is not going to be easy but then take calculated risks, learn as you go forward. But bear in mind that there will be failures but then they should be our lessons rather than dampeners. Taking the first step will be hard ofcourse but what the heck .. we have to live life to fullest.

Sindhu