Need your advice to improve my self confidence and focus

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by krishlakshmi, Jul 5, 2013.

1. krishlakshmi

krishlakshmi Silver IL'ite

I like the way IL group advice and solve the different issues.
    I need your expert advice on my current situation:

I am working in the IT for more than 9 years. Married and have one son of about 4 years old.My problem is about self confidence and attitude.
    Sometime I work in full swing responding to the issues immediately
    and sometime i lose my self confidence.Kind of unstable/Mood Swing.
    This low waves happens especially If someone find faults on me or raise their
    voice getting scared of the situation and never opening my mouth.I am getting into the mode of self guilt and self pity mode often.
    I feel jealous that the people who joined along with me are being promoted to big position.But i still hanging on the same ladder.
    I don't look calm if something comes on my way i am geting more stress and i feel like overreacting.I am also struggling with obesse.The main reason if any problem comes I am overeating thinking that this may give more strength to face the problem.
    Totally i feel bad and stressful.I think like i am facing failure often then my relatives and collegues.Not a good decision maker...
    I need some solution How to be calm and to be focused.

2. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Most of us have highs and lows when it comes to work. When people are critical of our work, we must learn to take it positively and improve. Unless you are being bullied, then of course you must stand up for yourself. As for promotions, if not this year..then next yr you will get it...or the following...just discuss with your boss during yr appraisal on why your peers are getting promoted and not you...

If you think u are a failure, then u will be one....start to think positively...most importantly take care of your health...your eating habits are due to your emotions..eat only when necessary...don't binge.

3. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Relaxation - yoga,deep breathing exercises are a must for you. Dont think less of yourself. People who joined work at the same time nay not have the same problems or responsibitiles that you have in life. Comparing your life with others is a very good way to get depression :) Dont worry about relatives. Usually they are more of disturbance than of any help. They just judge without helping. If you feel you are doing the best you can, leave it at that. Dont try to be an over-achiever and try to enjoy what you already have. Focus on your kids future and spend quality time with them:)

2 people like this.
  4. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

This seems to be the case of hormonal imbalance which means that your lifestyle(stress/work timings/coffees/improper sleep/ unhealthy snacks etc) or eating habits might be killing your body slowly and its hormones which have taken a toll. I would recommend that for the time being(4-5 months) forget about everything else and just focus on improving your health. Hire a nutritionist who will guide you on what and when to eat, get in shape, do lot of cardio. Once your body gets back its strength you will be full of energy to deal with anything and then nothing can put you down. Take support of your husband/hire maids/cooks etc. and just focus on yourself for few months. No harm trying.

3 people like this.
  5. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

You have some great suggestions here. Another thing I will suggest is reading some self help books. Something that will boost your confidence and give you tips on how to "keep it together". See if you can find some leadership courses as you will benefit from those. All the best!! You can do it!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. shivany

shivany Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    i agree you feel sad if someone points out to you.but then prove yourself in excelling in what you are good at.let ur positives outgrow the negatives.When you over-react or become very quiet you are actually allowing people to notice your negatives more.Instead do a job well and be quiet dont brag; you will see how appreciation flows in.do not indulge in self pity as let me tell you one thing;people will give u a handkerchief to wipe your tears and move on with their life.It is you and you alone who is affected and you alone can change your destiny; not others.

2 people like this.
  7. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

can you see the thread" Today's Positive feel" which is must for the people like us. after this thread i am feeling my self-confident is high.
    i published one book and trying to sell it but facing lot of obstacles in it. one person who had similar experience told me yesterday it is difficult to sell or gain profit. but i didnt lost my heart i thought his situation is different and mine is quite different.
    Always i think GOD is there with me and he will certainly help me.

lakshmi

2 people like this.
  8. krishlakshmi

krishlakshmi Silver IL'ite

I individually thank everyone for your wonderful reply.All your replies are giving me lot of hopes and making me to feel good.As specified above, I am going to focus on weight loss & Hormonal imbalance first that is the one which is disturbing me a lot. Slowly and strongly i am making my mind to focus let's c how things works.
    Thanks once again for all your replies.

9. priyamuthan

priyamuthan Senior IL'ite

I agree with hormonal balance. Please try to stay calm and chant your favourite sthotram everyday/night when possible. This will definitely help you to focus. There's also something called as postpartum depression. I know your kid is quite grown up but sometimes depression doesnt go away like that. You have to try hard. Pamper yourself, do somethings only for you, cook for yourself, sing-dance whatever you like.
    Please dont compare yourself with others. You are special. You are blessed with motherhood. Please think about all good things that you have that others dont. Slowly things will start falling in place. Focus takes time but its not impossible to achieve. Once you are ready, am sure you'll back with full force and leave everybody behind. Honey, time is the key. Enjoy every bit and take care!

1 person likes this.
  10. jaellen

jaellen New IL'ite

So many of us women have the same struggles as you are going through. I battle this each and every day, however I learned a phrase way back when I was about 11 years old and it has always stuck with me. That is, "You Must First Believe In You!". It can be very hard when we are a personality type that takes things very personal when they often are things that were not meant to be taken to the level that our minds allow us to take them. So I agree with what many others here have put, you need to concentrate on putting your health first! If we let our health get down then everything gets down and they compound each other and the longer we let them get to us the worse it all gets! Know that you are the person you are and only you can control your thoughts and actions. If you allow yourself to Believe In You then you can change your thinking and it is funny how you can then see things in a whole different way! Look for the positives in your life and focus on them, not the things that tend to bring you down. It will not be something you can change over night but if you work a little at it each and every day I believe you will be able to turn your self around!
    Cheers To A great Day! ~ Jackie

1 person likes this.