Need urgent input about Vaels billabong school

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by SrividyaNKumar, Jun 7, 2012.

1. SrividyaNKumar

SrividyaNKumar Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    we are moving to india and trying to admit our kids in 8th and 4th grade(ICSE). When we spoke to principal yesterday, she said that the kids should have done 3 years of french before getting in to that school. Here in US we have language option only from 7th grade onwards. My son had done 1 year of french. She said then she'll have to send their details to council and wait for their response. If they don't agree, then we have to put them in IGCSE(which we do not prefer). Also, they are asking us to pay the admission fees (50k +40k). Could some bodywho went thro' the same or who has knowledge about this((Shanvy our Life saver..) help me out pls.. Btw. both the kids are American Citizens.

Thanks,

Vidyaa

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Vidya, she is right. last years somebody i know had returned from the uk in class 10. they had a tough time..they had to get the approval from the cbse board and the same applied for icse. for your elder it is 3 years..and they had to provide lot of information, from the previous school.

So if yo are trying vaels, ask them for what are all the certificates/attestations they need. you can get them ready.

you can also go through cisce.org.

this is my suggestion, since your list is narrowed, do come down to chennai, one of you alone, or ask your person in chennai to find out more details..sometimes, all the details cannot be had from a forum, and some of the details may not be apt too...

and yes that was the fees that you can do pay and part of it is refundable i guess or am i wrong.. it is a risk you have to take..

3. SrividyaNKumar

SrividyaNKumar Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the response Shanvy. So far, we gave everything they asked for(A letter stating tentative joining and last 3 years report cards of kids.. Let's see what happens. I'll also go thro' the CISCE link you provided.

Thanks,

Vidyaa