Need suggestions on preparing for Java certification with additional family responsib

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by shashiprp, Apr 18, 2012.

1. shashiprp

shashiprp New IL'ite

Hi All,

I recently had a baby and now my baby is around 4 months old. I am working in a small firm in USA and my husband has a travel job too. I have been able to balance work life and home to a manageable extent. I will be having a nanny to take care of my baby during my office hours and husband is very supportive whenever he is in the city.

I want to do Java certification as i have little knowledge of it and want to shift jobs. I have survived to manage in my company somehow till now .

I need suggestions from working moms as to how i can prepare myself for examination. I know this is not an impossible task.

Could someone also suggest me good books for preparing for certification.

Thanks in advance,

2. Borntolive

Borntolive New IL'ite

Re: Need suggestions on preparing for Java certification with additional family respo

Hi Shashiprp,
    Sorry.... I didn't mean to barge in to this thread. Just saw your post and thought you can answer my questions.
    I have posted few minutes ago in Education forums. can you please answer this is regarding Java.
    Once again I apologize....
    Thanks
    Laxmi

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Need suggestions on preparing for Java certification with additional family respo

Hi Shashiprp,

If you are an early riser, you can wake up an hour early in the morning for the prep. Early morning timings are good for study as your brain is fully rested from sleep. You can make up for the extra hour of sleep by going to bed a little early.

You can also use your weekend time. Set timings for your study, like the time your baby takes naps and study during these times. You can also ask your husband or nanny to take care of the baby while you study.

If your husband can help you with household work or cooking, ask him to help you out till you complete your certification.

4. sowmya.swami

sowmya.swami Junior IL'ite

there r specific books whic cover only from certification point of view. u can concentarate on cracking the exam instead of reading a general java programming book. the book comes with mock exam cd. there are online mock exams for individual chapters so u can evaluate urself after every chapter. take time and make a schedule and take small notes on watever u cover, so when u r revising ull remember them bcos its vast and by the time u r in ur 4 chap ull forget wat u read in the first. eg book by author khalid mugal. search the net for more cert books.
    all the best. it bcoms a lil easy if u r having java prgmming experience.