Need Suggestions on Choosing Software company

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by swaran, Sep 24, 2015.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies

I am working in a s/w company and its been almost 9 years now in the same company
    I am thinking of a change.I require some help from you in deciding based on my below conditions
    (1)though I am not 100% sure,I might require maternity leave within a year of joining the new company.Which company would give leave within a year of joining and how long?
    (2)Work from home options..How many per month
    (3)Flexible timings
    (4)How much increase of salary is possible if I do a jump now
    (5)Obviously looking for a company which doesnt pull out people all of a sudden,job guarantee
    (6)Can we ask for the nearest location to work?..will that be acceptable?
    (7)Medical insurance for me and my family,considering my possibility of maternity leave within a year of joining
    (8)Other benefits
    (9)If there is an onsite,will we get only onsite salary or its both onsite and offshore?

These are what I could think of now
    I might come back with more questions

Please help me with your suggestions/reviews
    Thanks in Advance

2. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Generally, while attending the interview and in the HR round you can ask all these and get the info to decide on these factors,

You may or may not get all these at one place so better prioritize requirements which can be compromised and which are mandatory for you to join there.This is for you to decide whether to take up or not.

3. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

1) Regarding ML , u can get maximum 90 Days or u can extend upto 60 days more on Loss of pay.. That means maximum 5 -6 months

2 , 3 and 6) depends on project .. not all projects have WFH option.. location depends where ur team will sit..

4) most company gives standard salary hike.. Check within ur circle , how much ur frnds are getting at ur experience level on ur technology..

7) yes, most of IT companies have that facility . Also Its better to have personal medical insurance.

9) Check with HR

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Thanks anvitha and sonal
    I heard through my friends that though they accept for certain things during interview, they might not act the same after that
    Hence I wanted opinion from ladies here

Can someone suggest which company might suit My conditions better

5. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

U work on which technology???

6. preethivignesh

preethivignesh Gold IL'ite

All these queries depends on the company. Generally ML and Insurance things could be the same. but the other factors needs to be discussed with the HR before joining.

7. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

If you are planning to start a family , the best option is to stay in the current company. Most of the companies only give 86 or 90 calendar days as maternity leave. You may not have many privilege/earned leaves either to take a long leave. So better to start a family and make use of the leaves accumulated in the current company before shifting.

1 person likes this.
  8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

I have sent you a PM @sonal1611

thanks @preethivignesh
    thanks @VanithaSudhir..actually this is the main reason that makes me think of a jump

9. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

in all cases .. Stay where u r .. Dont take any big decisions .. Seeing ur profile I believe u r in mumbai .. U know how much is travelling time.. n how exhausting it is.. Even if u want .. Give interviews , if u get any good opportunity , then U can decide..

1 person likes this.
  10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks @sonal1611
    thats what I am thinking at the moment
    the initial step is gathering information from all my friends and from here..based on that will decide